Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Finally got my 5100's all around! before and after pics

Old 04-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my 5100's all around! before and after pics

before

After @ 1.75 no tsb

Starting build page soon
Old 04-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at the first pic and the comparable bottom picture.
It appears there isn't much detectable difference in height. Do you have actual measurement numbers for the height?
Old 04-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
I was looking at the first pic and the comparable bottom picture.
It appears there isn't much detectable difference in height. Do you have actual measurement numbers for the height?
not very good pics but best I had, Front before was 34 and 1/2 from ground to fender and rear was 37, after front is 36 and 3/4, almost 2 inches
Old 04-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
kulcat is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, that looks good. So all you did was put 5100s all the way around, w/ the front ones at 1.75" eh? I haven't done TSB either so I may go this route.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulcat View Post
Nice, that looks good. So all you did was put 5100s all the way around, w/ the front ones at 1.75" eh? I haven't done TSB either so I may go this route.
yes I put 5100 all the way around, and the front @ 1.75, The access cab 4 x 4 sit lower in front than the double cabs. I was going back and fourth with the .85 setting and the 1.75, it rides great I think
Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
That's one thing I forgot to do before: measure. I did 5100's @ 2.5" and 1.5" AAL and now I have no clue what the actual height increase was, lol. Looks great now, though.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #7
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: HIARNG
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good to me, I think you have to lift it a considerable amount to really notice it right off. I'm at 2.5" from the 5100s and I cant really tell the difference in height (lookwise).
Old 04-29-2011, 11:42 PM   #10
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
looking good...i just recently went to 1.75 with my bsp ac too, its MUCH better than stock; the look, the ride, everything. was a temp solution until i make enough dough for ome 885's/AAL/UCAs in the fall
Old 04-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #11
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
not very good pics but best I had, Front before was 34 and 1/2 from ground to fender and rear was 37, after front is 36 and 3/4, almost 2 inches
That works, often the angle of the pics and quality can make it tough to see the difference. Good job, I'm planning on doing the same next week.
I also agree with the above post, time to swap out the tires for improved look.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:55 AM   #12
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i like your truck
Old 04-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauairandall View Post
so whats the next mod u thinking of?
my next mod will be some yellow lamin-x fog lights and I will do the black headlight mod, then some kelly safari 265/75/16 tires
Old 04-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
nice but lift isnt noticeable.
leveled yeah, lift no. I just want the leveled look but now people are pressuring me into getting the eibachi springs to get the full 3 inch lift, just dont want the alignment issues and diff drop and all that crap that comes with it but who knows, eventually I will but not right now. Like your truck btw
Old 04-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #15
TRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to all

TRDSPORTtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry but I really cant see a difference from those shots. But cool beans on the 5100's! I put 5100's all around with OME 885's up front.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDSPORTtaco View Post
I'm sorry but I really cant see a difference from those shots. But cool beans on the 5100's! I put 5100's all around with OME 885's up front.
How much did it lift the front overall with the 885's? Im lookin to go bigger later on down the road, just trying to stay away from the front diff issues ppl seem to have on here.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
vierzwanzig is on a distinguished road
vierzwanzig's Tacoma Gallery
everyone needs to look at the space between the fender and the tire... I can tell the difference, and I bet it would look way different then my stocker parked side by side.

I plan on doing this when im ready for wheels and tires... Im glad to see it turn out well.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #18
JayC06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayC06's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same set up. 5100's all around 1.75 in front. rides like brand new and sits level. same color too nice truck man
Old 04-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #19
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
i can see a difference too, plus the angles of the pictures (especially the before) are kind of awkward. the after pics the truck looks like its leaning towards the camera a bit (making it look lower) plus the pic is taken standing up higher than the truck (while the before pic is just the opposite), which doesnt give us that flat/level side profile pic. taking a picture of something from a lower angle is going to make it look bigger, and a higher angle smaller. i think thats why a lot are saying there looks to be no difference
Old 04-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #20

ground wasnt so level should have done it on the street this might be better,
before
truck on the lot before I bought it

after