Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need help with tire size and lift kits on 2011 prerunner

Old 04-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
vestaxpro05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Loren
vestaxpro05's Tacoma Gallery
Need help with tire size and lift kits on 2011 prerunner

I'd like to know if i can put 275/70/16 on a stock taco, if not would a 3" in the front work and 1" on the back fit those tires?! thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Welcome to TW. I hate to sound like an ass here, but you really could have searched for this ridiculously overposted question.

a 3" up front and 1" on the back will fit you up to 285/70s, so the 275s will be no problem.

Without a lift you're probably gonna have some rub. Lifts are cheap enough, I recommend doing it right... plus it just looks better.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
I would get a lift kit, you would be pleased with ride quality. you can fit with trimming though, check tire/wheel section for max tire size on stock suspension
Old 04-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
Tennessee Member
Jeremy92 has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy92 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeremy
Jeremy92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Welcome to TW. I hate to sound like an ass here, but you really could have searched for this ridiculously overposted question.

a 3" up front and 1" on the back will fit you up to 285/70s, so the 275s will be no problem.

Without a lift you're probably gonna have some rub. Lifts are cheap enough, I recommend doing it right... plus it just looks better.
What he said!
Welcome to TW, and use the search button. It works wonders, you will find everything you want to know.