Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Called in for offroad lights

Old 04-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #41
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
Chris4x4 buggin out and goin home?
No....just...kinda tryin to figure out what just happened....
Old 04-29-2011, 11:14 PM   #42
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, you should have just kept on driving, the cops have better things to do then pull people over because someone flashed bright lights at them.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:20 PM   #43
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
I do not know about WI laws, but here in PA, Lights mounted on the roof or on a roll-bar are considered Off-Road lights.
Your lights would fall in the-
(l) Auxiliary Driving Lamps and Fog Lamps -
Auxiliary driving lamps and fog lamps may be
installed on a passenger vehicle or light truck
if the lamps comply with the following:
(1) Auxiliary driving lamps shall not be substituted
for headlamps. Auxiliary driving
lamps may only be used with high headlamp
beams.
(2) Fog lamps may not be substituted for
headlamps.
(3) Auxiliary driving lamps and fog lamps
shall be mounted on the front, spaced at
least 20 inches apart from center to
center and at height not more than 42
inches above level surface upon which
the vehicle stands nor lower than the
lowest chassis part.
This is what our laws say about Off-Road lighting:
Off-road lighting.--Off-road lighting lamps may be
mounted on the roof or roll bar of a vehicle and shall be
covered with an opaque covering that prohibits any light from
being emitted when the vehicle is being operated on a highway or
trafficway. Any person who illuminates an off-road lighting lamp
while the vehicle is being operated on a highway or a trafficway
commits a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, be
sentenced to pay a fine of $100.
Here is a website for PA: http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms.../section_e.pdf
Old 04-29-2011, 11:28 PM   #44
One Convenient Locations ......In Africa
Sleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: HMM-263 MALS-29
Name: Corporal
Sleeper362's Tacoma Gallery
When I get my lights installed in my grill, I will use them to tell people in the left lane to move right. To me its more polite than tailgating.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #45
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper362 View Post
When I get my lights installed in my grill, I will use them to tell people in the left lane to move right. To me its more polite than tailgating.
You drive the Autobahn ?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #46
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
When putting 2 lights in the grill of a Tacoma here in PA, they are considered Auxiliary driving lamps and fog lamps and you need to make sure they are mounted on the front, spaced at least 20 inches apart from center to center and at height not more than 42 inches above level surface upon which the vehicle stands nor lower than the lowest chassis part.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:36 AM   #48
mikeg175 is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
mikeg175's Tacoma Gallery
Most Off road lights ( PIAA's , KC's , Hella's ) are considered for off road use only . Most LEO don't worry about them unless your being a dick and they need another ticket to slap on you . They are supposed to be either be unable to turn on by just flicking a switch or need to be covered for the exact reason your talking about . They don't want idiots out there blinding someone and causing accidents or hurt feelings . They probably wont come after you , they should have a lot more important things to do , but who knows what the guy on the phone was saying , he could have told them anything , then when you stopped he now tells them ' oh my god , now they are stopping , I'm so scared , I feel threatened ' . Now they are more likely to look for you .
Safest and easiest way is to slap a cover over them if they are the big off road ( super bright ) lights and leave the covers on till off roading . I actually have them set up on rear bumper and will blind idiots who tail gate me . I would enjoy talking to the LEO about me hitting my backup light because said idiot was on my a$$ , if I can't see your headlights , your seeing my backup lights .
Old 04-30-2011, 06:40 AM   #49
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg175 View Post
Most Off road lights ( PIAA's , KC's , Hella's ) are considered for off road use only . Most LEO don't worry about them unless your being a dick and they need another ticket to slap on you . They are supposed to be either be unable to turn on by just flicking a switch or need to be covered for the exact reason your talking about . They don't want idiots out there blinding someone and causing accidents or hurt feelings . They probably wont come after you , they should have a lot more important things to do , but who knows what the guy on the phone was saying , he could have told them anything , then when you stopped he now tells them ' oh my god , now they are stopping , I'm so scared , I feel threatened ' . Now they are more likely to look for you .
Safest and easiest way is to slap a cover over them if they are the big off road ( super bright ) lights and leave the covers on till off roading . I actually have them set up on rear bumper and will blind idiots who tail gate me . I would enjoy talking to the LEO about me hitting my backup light because said idiot was on my a$$ , if I can't see your headlights , your seeing my backup lights .
Yeah....You're a genius...Make a dangerous situation worse!! Great idea.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #50
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input........ Well at least some people........
Old 04-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #51
xwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
xwillx93's Tacoma Gallery
dont even worry about it. im sure nothing will happen. and if it does, like the others have said just say you bumped it on accident. (as long as you didnt keep them on and keep driving...) but here's a lesson now; put your switches on YOUR side!!! nowhere in reach of other passengers
Old 04-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #52
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Coprolith
lol
I wonder how many people even understand this?

Corprophagist. I might be spelling that wrong. Or right. You are Canadian after all.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #53
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
lol
I wonder how many people even understand this?

Corprophagist. I might be spelling that wrong. Or right. You are Canadian after all.
That's the beauty of it .
Old 04-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #54
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
What this thread needs is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nf4DhXy9oU

"So they get behind me tryin to check my tags, look at my rearview and they smilin
Thinkin they'll catch me on the wrong well keep tryin"
Old 04-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #55
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
no calls or visits yet (knock on wood) is there a statute of limitations on this kind of stuff?????
Old 04-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #56
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
did you read the whole story, he didnt flip them on, his friend did.
That's a moot point considering the driver is responsible for his/her passengers actions while the driver is operating the vehicle.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #57
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
WTF CAN SOMEONE LOCK THIS MESS???????
Old 04-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #58
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudthedoor View Post
no calls or visits yet (knock on wood) is there a statute of limitations on this kind of stuff?????
deny deny deny

no one is coming

except black choppers
Old 04-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #59
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Did someone say black choppers!?!?!?!?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #60

black choppers with them mind control devices, tryin to get inside your brain and see if you flashed that guy!