Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

No luck at the dealer last night

Old 04-30-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
No luck at the dealer last night

Well it didn't happen last night, I went to make a deal on what they said they had but they made a mistake on bed size. The truck had everything I wanted option wise and the exact color I want but it's a long bed instead of a short bed. Now I come to find out that a TRD sport 4x4 dc sb with the JBL isn't really available as there are NONE in at least a 2-300 mile radius and I'm not sure If I should just should bite the bullet and buy the long bed (which I don't want) with the JBL or, I can get any color without the jbl. We (the sales manager and I) searched literally for almost 2 hours last night and the sb/sport with jbl in the double cab are just no where to be found. I'm sure this has to do somewhat with the disaster in Japan with the tsunami and production may be slowed. Is it really worth the extra effort for the jbl system or should I just forget the jbl all together and save about $800 bucks? Sorry about my rant but it just sucks when you wait all this time to be ready to buy and you cant get what you want.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I can't comment on the JBL system because I don't have one.
But really I wouldn't settle. This is a huge purchase. If your heart is set on the SB I would wait or keep hassling the dealer. I'm sure they'll get one in eventually.

Nothing worst then settling. My last truck was a 2wd Ford f-150. It was a great truck but I settled because of the price. I always wanted 4x4 but never got it and always had that regret.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:05 AM   #3
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
The jbl isnt really worth it. Save the 800 and buy an aftermarket system. If you're set on the SB don't waiver unless they give you a good enough deal to warrant taking what you don't want. The color is the one to REALLY not waiver on. Don't take a color you don't want just because it has a sound system that isn't all the great in the first place.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:45 AM   #4
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Just say no (to JBL). You can do better in the aftermarket.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:53 AM   #5
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
im happy with my long bed double cab, get what u want though
Old 04-30-2011, 05:11 AM   #6
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brians05taco View Post
im happy with my long bed double cab, get what u want though
It's not that I don't want a long bed because I don't like it, I just don't need the long bed and my driveway isn't that big. Also, I think it may be a little more nimble while I trailer/ launch my boat. We'll see what happens. Thanks for all the replies guy's!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:15 AM   #7
Ralph Pootawn is on a distinguished road

Ralph Pootawn's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't know they offered the Sport in short bed
Old 04-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #8
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Get the truck without JBL, take the $800 and get a nice system installed.

I have a 2010 TRD Sport DCLB, with some kind of multi disc system. It is not very good. I had it back for warranty since it crackles and pops randomly.

Get the truck you want in the color you prefer, a sound system is an easy fix and will further personalize your vehicle for you.

Pretty much repeating what others mentioned.

PK
Old 04-30-2011, 05:43 AM   #9
Largefarva is on a distinguished road
Navy: Nuke Electrician
Largefarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Get the truck without JBL, take the $800 and get a nice system installed.

I have a 2010 TRD Sport DCLB, with some kind of multi disc system. It is not very good. I had it back for warranty since it crackles and pops randomly.

Get the truck you want in the color you prefer, a sound system is an easy fix and will further personalize your vehicle for you.

Pretty much repeating what others mentioned.

PK
This.

Your two options that are make or break for you are standard stereo system vs. bed length that you want. It's cheap to replace the stereo system....but next to impossible to replace the bed. I have the JBL system in my truck, and yeah I like how it sounds, but from what I understand by reading these forums is that the regular stereo system sounds pretty much as good as the JBL. Find the perfect truck for you without the JBL, replace the stereo if you don't like it, and I guarantee you that you will be happier in the long run. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:48 AM   #10
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Tell the dealer to open up the mileage search to 1,000 miles and look again.

If they want to sell you a truck they will do it.

My son sells Dodge, and he recently went to Detroit to pick up a car for a customer. That was 750 miles each way.

Sounds to me like they are being lazy.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:56 AM   #11
© "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!
NoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
NoMallCrawlTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Get what you want!
Don't settle, believe me I have done it and then regretted it afterwards.

Waiting is going to take forever, and if they really want to sell you a truck they can find one and ship it in...

Make those ass hats earn their money, believe me, they make alot on your deal.
So get the truck you want.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #12
© "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!
NoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
NoMallCrawlTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
Tell the dealer to open up the mileage search to 1,000 miles and look again.

If they want to sell you a truck they will do it.

My son sells Dodge, and he recently went to Detroit to pick up a car for a customer. That was 750 miles each way.

Sounds to me like they are being lazy.
High 5

They are being lazy...
Old 04-30-2011, 06:08 AM   #13
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
I really don't think the JBL is a big deal. I have the factory 6 disc HU in mine and it's a pretty good set up for being stock, you can always upgrade with aftermarket system that is way better than jbl. I have a short bed on mine truck, and sometimes i do regret not having the longer bed, for like going to home depot for 2x4's but i do have a 5x9 trailer that i use maybe once or twice a year for stuff like that. just a little work to hook everything up.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:09 AM   #14
Forewheel is on a distinguished road
Forewheel's Tacoma Gallery
Don't settle man, just be patient and make your dealer work for you. When I bought my truck the dealer had exactly what I wanted but in white....they were forcing it on me but I really wanted black, which they didn't have. I slept on it and stuck with my guns. It took a few extra days but they ended up finding exactly the truck I wanted about 400 miles away. Also, I have to disagree on the JBL system. I have it in mine and absolutely love it, especially the bluetooth part...being in outside sales I use it all the time. I'm also at a stage in my life where i'm not really into all the aftermarket car audio stuff anymore, if stock is good then I can live with it.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #15
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Just say no (to JBL). You can do better in the aftermarket.
X2
Old 04-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #16
booboy is on a distinguished road

booboy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2010 Sport Double Cab Short bed with the JBL set-up. Is the JBL set-up worth the extra $800... not really. Will it cost you more to upgrade a non JBL system... maybe. Depends on your taste. My previous truck I upgraded my sound system that ran me almost $2K but that was upgrading "everything" from speakers, H.U., subs and amps. To each is own. I really don't think you should settle brotha. I settled with my previous truck and was unhappy. The only thing that made me happy was my sound system oh... and that it was a v8. Good luck.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #17
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
It will be a lot easier to remedy not getting the stereo you want than to remedy not getting the color or bed size you want. I would think an $800 aftermarket would sound better than the JBL anyway.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #18
lwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to all
lwszabo's Tacoma Gallery
I would say color,bed length,cab configuration (along with engine and trans 2 or4 wheel drive) are the main options to concern yourself with. You can chage just about everything else! But also DO NOT settle,it almost always costs you in the end when you "trade up" the JBL to me means nothing its a factory upgrade over standard,but dont come anywhere close to what u could do with $800 to upgrade speakers and a small amp!!!!! If the truck would work use it against the dealership to give you a better deal,they may try to "push" this truck on you for the best deal.....Dont be in a hurry or let what happened in Japan rush you....
Old 04-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #20
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 TRD Sport View Post
It will be a lot easier to remedy not getting the stereo you want than to remedy not getting the color or bed size you want. I would think an $800 aftermarket would sound better than the JBL anyway.
Agreed 100%. I think I've decided to go without the jbl. I know I may be better than the standard setup but what if I go through all this and then decide I don't like the JBL either? I'm leaning towards not getting the jbl