Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Buy Recommendation

Old 04-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
ohdrj1all will become famous soon enoughohdrj1all will become famous soon enough

ohdrj1all's Tacoma Gallery
Buy Recommendation

Okay, so I am in the market for a Tacoma and would like some advice from seasoned Tacoma owners!

4WD is a must, but after that things get kind of... hazy. Here's my criteria of importance.

1) Long Term Reliability/Durability (which is why I am looking at a Toyota in the first place... this will be a truck we keep for many years)

2) Fuel Economy (the better... the better... will be a commuter vehicle as well as and economical camping vehicle)

3) Price (obviously this is important, but I am willing to pay a bit for a more reliable/durable vehicle that gets decent mileage)

4) Must haul 3 passengers in reasonable comfort (one of which is a 7yr old at the moment... we have a Jeep Commander for hauling lots of folks if needed)

5) Cargo (may put a camper shell on it and would be nice if it was long enough to sleep in)

6) Towing (minor towing, a quad trailer, or a small popup camper at the most, Jeep Commander has 1/2 ton pickup towing capacity if needed)

Also, with 20/20 hindsight, is there anything that you wished you'd have gotten on your truck now that you've had it for a while?

So if you were a Toyota dealer salesman and I just walked onto your lot, what Tacoma would you show me?

Thanks!