Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wife hit by drunk driver last night....

Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Wife hit by drunk driver last night....

No one wants to get this call at 1AM.. Apparently she was just driving along through an intersection and a drunk kid makes a left hand turn in front of her. Didn't even know what happened. He was arrested for DUI. She is feeling like she played in an NFL game and XRays showed some aggravated damage to a disc. Getting slapped by a airbag as not fun. We left the Hospital at 4AM and went to see he beloved 06 RAV....

Looks like it can be fixed.. but being an 06 who knows. only 54k Miles......

So now the process begins with their insurance company.........Geico. Just looking to be made whole. not win the lottery. Crumple zones work well...
Old 04-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
damn i hope you get it settled
Old 04-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Hunter423
Hunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant future

Name: hunter
Hunter423's Tacoma Gallery
glad the wifes ok hope ya can fix the rav
Old 04-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
dam just be glad all is well.....
cars can be fixed
Old 04-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
booboy is on a distinguished road

booboy's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear that your wife was not seriously injured. Hope everything works out for you and your wife.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #9
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Stephan
SCFirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Be cautious about insurance companies, even your own. They are there to make money, not spend it on you.
Make sure you get compensation for a new vehicle (most likely) and get something in writing about medical checkups and coverage for follow-up visits.

Seriously, it may not be a bad idea to hire a lawyer. They're cheap since they work on commission paid for by the other party (or his parents). Normally I wouldn't advise this but since it involved possible damage to her spine you need to protect yourself.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #10
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFirefighter View Post
Be cautious about insurance companies, even your own. They are there to make money, not spend it on you.
Make sure you get compensation for a new vehicle (most likely) and get something in writing about medical checkups and coverage for follow-up visits.

Seriously, it may not be a bad idea to hire a lawyer. They're cheap since they work on commission paid for by the other party (or his parents). Normally I wouldn't advise this but since it involved possible damage to her spine you need to protect yourself.
The doctor said she had age related osteo issues which could be aggravated by this, so thankfully no major damage in that area. but reason enough to string out any medical payment settlements. Now that she is ok, My concern is getting an 06 fixed and with parts on back order. who knows. If it was a Ford it would be totaled. But the 2010 Escape who hit her fared a little better. I am hoping they will total it. But I have no idea what a body shop will say.

There will be lost future value though because of the likely carfax records. We were thinking of trading it as well for another vehicle....dammmmmmmm.

I handled a case like this about 15 years ago myself and was satisfied with the settlement. All medical was paid, the car was properly valued and replaced and we received another $5000 for future consideration re medical.

I would only bring in a lawyer if I could not get what I felt was fair. State farm was not bad to deal with. His insurance is Geico. ...
Old 04-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #12
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Glad she is ok man.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #13
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Glad your wifes ok the truck can be replaced
Old 04-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #14
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
Thank God your wife is OK that's the main concern, I wish people had enough brains to not get in to a vehicle after drinking. Most of the time the drunk doesn't get hurt and others suffer for their stupidity.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #15
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Sorry to hear that. Good to hear the wife is doing mostly okay.

Fucking drunk drivers.
x1

Fucking drunk drivers x10000000000
Old 04-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #16
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfrog View Post
No one wants to get this call at 1AM.. Apparently she was just driving along through an intersection and a drunk kid makes a left hand turn in front of her. Didn't even know what happened. He was arrested for DUI. She is feeling like she played in an NFL game and XRays showed some aggravated damage to a disc. Getting slapped by a airbag as not fun. We left the Hospital at 4AM and went to see he beloved 06 RAV....

Looks like it can be fixed.. but being an 06 who knows. only 54k Miles......

So now the process begins with their insurance company.........Geico. Just looking to be made whole. not win the lottery. Crumple zones work well...
Looks like the crush zone did it's job. Glad she's okay
Old 04-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #18
Banned

Indeed...She is down for the count today. Pisses me off though these people believe they can drive intoxicated then have the nuts not to cooperate with the police after seeing someone taken off in an Ambulance.

I'm not sue happy. I likely will settle this on my own as I have in the past. The property damage will be settled either way. My fear is she was referred to an ortho doctor by the ER doc and since she has had a breast implant due to cancer 5 years ago we should make an appointment with her Plastic Surgeon to make sure she has no leakage there.

An Attorney is a last resort. I despise PI only lawyers. Especially those who advertise.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
LAWYER UP!

Fuck the kid. Im not a sue happy guy, but you need to take this dude to the fucking cleaners! Im glad your Wife is OK for now....But you REALLY need to consider getting a lawyer.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #20
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
glad to hear your wife is ok.for now. I agree with the above posts, you need to do what you need to do man.