Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

opinion on a deal between a tundra and tacoma.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
lwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to all
lwszabo's Tacoma Gallery
opinion on a deal between a tundra and tacoma.

Here is a quick version!!! I was in the market for a new used truck and wanted a tundra,titan or tacoma. The tacomas seemed to be priced way higher than both the titan and tundra so i shopped full size. I worked a deal on a 07 tundra crew max TRD 2 wd 5.7 liter with 76,000 miles over a 2 week period. We started at 23900 and finally got it down to 17999. I thought it was the best deal ever but tried to wait it out....the dealership called and said they had the truck sold the next day for 19999 however i had first refusal by 10 am...i sat it out until 1 and and called but it sold at 10:05 for 19999!!!
The tundra barely fit in my garage it missed by 2 inches and made walking in the garage hard. It would also be very hard for my wife to drive in an emergency
I then bought a 06 tacoma double cab 2wd prerunner loaded with overhead dvd with 66,000 miles and not a.scratch,dent,stain etc for 17,000.

I wanted a crew max just to have it,i dont have a.huge family,its me,my wife and 2 year old son and another baby in the nezt year or so but we usally take our car when we are all together. I use a truck to get mulch,landscapping,lumber once ot twice a year....so i dont use a truck as a truck i just hate borrowing other peoples vehicles!!!!

Did i mess up not getting the Tundra?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Nope Tacoma will be fine, if you don't use a truck as a truck like you saId why have a huge truck and never use it?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
The Tacoma is better than the Tundra IMO. Better on gas, better approach and departure angles, only an inch less ground clearance, easier to negotiate narrow trails and easier to find a parking spot for it. Unless you are towing something like a horse trailer or a fifth wheel what is the point of owning the Tundra?
Old 04-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
Lukin is on a distinguished road
Lukin's Tacoma Gallery
I just traded my 08 5.7 DC Tundra with 70000 miles in for a 12 v6 DC Tacoma just under two weeks ago. The Tundra was a great truck with tons of power, way more than I really needed but it was a pig. If I had test driven a Tacoma prior to buying the tundra a I would have most likely chosen the taco. Like some others have said it's easier to navigate, Mt wife feels comfortable driving it and it's much better on gas
Old 04-30-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
skybob has a spectacular aura aboutskybob has a spectacular aura about
skybob's Tacoma Gallery
When I looked at buying a newer used truck, I was torn between a 07-up silverado vs the tacoma. The silverado didn't get too much worst on mpg's, and it could pull a car hauler which I pull a few times a year. They were similar in price as well. The size of the Toyota is perfect, it's easy to drive, it drives a lot more solid than full size trucks, and they don't lose the value like a typical truck. They are a lot more practical all around.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
Storm is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Storm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
Nope Tacoma will be fine, if you don't use a truck as a truck like you saId why have a huge truck and never use it?
I agree, I had the same issue with my last truck. It was a 2500 ram with a cummins, it was an awesome truck, however, it was too big, and I didnt use it enough to justify paying $366 per month for it.

That is why I have been looking at Tacomas, for my next truck, it is just the right size for me.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
lwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to all
lwszabo's Tacoma Gallery
I loved the 5.7, leg room in the back,and interior room of the crew max, but couldnt pull the trigger! I actually became friends with the salesman,he is a real good guy....he never tried any silly crap and i believe he offered me the best possible deal. I got 2000 over kbb for our trade and a few thousand off their truck. I just hope i like the tacoma....even know a geo metro has enough cargo capacity for me!!!!