Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what the hell is that noise?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
what the hell is that noise?

so Ive been noticing a rubbing noise from the front of my truck when I back out of my driveway and make left turns. It seems to be coming from my driver side wheel . I have stock tires so I wouldnt think they would be rubbing and if it were the bearings wouldnt I hear it all the time? anyone have any ideas ...thanks
Old 04-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
LOL what noise?

Need a video to help best, atleast describe it, where it comes from, when, how loud, cold, hot, right, left, drive, reverse, both?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
LOL what noise?

Need a video to help best, atleast describe it, where it comes from, when, how loud, cold, hot, right, left, drive, reverse, both?
did you only read the title of this thread?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenstaco View Post
Are your wheels stock too?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
so Ive been noticing a rubbing noise from the front of my truck when I back out of my driveway and make left turns. It seems to be coming from my driver side wheel . I have stock tires so I wouldnt think they would be rubbing and if it were the bearings wouldnt I hear it all the time? anyone have any ideas ...thanks
Quote:
HAHA my bad wow I must have read past that my bad!!

Thats what happens when you multi task

Have you got under it yet and see if anything is hanging so when you turn left it hits it? Piece of rubber or plastic or something?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes
how many miles you got?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Take the mud flaps off and see if it goes away.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #11
jack up your truck, grab the tire move it up and down see if it moves
Old 04-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #12
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ive gotten under it and dont see anything...It has 100k
My last car was a cobalt ss and it use to do the same thing when I'd back out of my driveway and it was my brakes... any chance it's your brakes?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #13
B A N N E D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
jack up your truck, grab the tire move it up and down see if it moves
if it does what would that be bearings?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #14
B A N N E D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
My last car was a cobalt ss and it use to do the same thing when I'd back out of my driveway and it was my brakes... any chance it's your brakes?
thats kinda what I was thinking it feels like brakes .how did you fix it?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #15
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats kinda what I was thinking it feels like brakes .how did you fix it?
I bought my Tacoma.. but seriously it only did it when backing out of my drivewway and it didn't bother me that much. Probably just needs a little adjustment or a brake service.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #16
B A N N E D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
I bought my Tacoma.. but seriously it only did it when backing out of my drivewway and it didn't bother me that much. Probably just needs a little adjustment or a brake service.
yeah hopefully something easy
Old 04-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #18
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What kind of rubbing noise? Is it like a loud squeak? What happens when you turn the wheel when you are not moving?

By back out of your driveway, is it up a hill or down a hill or anything apart from just a simple driveway?

Intricate details!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #19
B A N N E D

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmgt View Post
What kind of rubbing noise? Is it like a loud squeak? What happens when you turn the wheel when you are not moving?

By back out of your driveway, is it up a hill or down a hill or anything apart from just a simple driveway?

Intricate details!
my driveway is sloped,nothing happens when wheel i turn wheel in park,no squeak just a rubbing vibration, it only does it when i turn in drive forward or reverse
Old 04-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #20
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my driveway is sloped,nothing happens when wheel i turn wheel in park,no squeak just a rubbing vibration, it only does it when i turn in drive forward or reverse
Brake rotor warpage or loose wheel bearings?