Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best manufacturer of CAI's for 2010 Tacomas?

Old 04-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
CopeGreen10 is on a distinguished road
CopeGreen10's Tacoma Gallery
Best manufacturer of CAI's for 2010 Tacomas?

I am looking for a CAI for my 2010 Tacoma. I was wondering what was the best manufacturer for the 4.0L V6 model is? Any suggestions from personal experience would be most helpful
Old 04-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
we already have cai intakes on our trucks. sucks air in from the front right wheel well. about as cold as its going to get.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i have an afe pro dry filter. nice and easy to deal with.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a fan of aftermarket intakes......but the urd one is actually pretty nice and rather easy to install.....cutting and splicing wires for the maf as well. It gets cold air from behind the grille....and as far as rain...yeah,water can get into it...but buy the cover for it and you'll be set as far as that goes.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta_taco View Post
afe stage 2

Guys what does the thread say? It is not asking if you like after market intakes or whether the stock is actually free flowing ( 98% know it is). To OP Urd makes a great product. I personally went with the afe I love the growl and the truck is more torquey. Also the intake has a plug you can remove and re install i about 5 seconds that changes it from a SRI to a CAI which is great if you need it retardedly loud for some reason lol.
hmmm.......maybe you need to reread a lil bit.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
CopeGreen10 is on a distinguished road
CopeGreen10's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the replies. They were very helpful. However i have another uneducated question pertaining to the same thing. Is and does the intake look the same from stock TRD off-road to TRS sport? I have the stock sport model.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
we already have cai intakes on our trucks. sucks air in from the front right wheel well. about as cold as its going to get.
this!

Save your money