Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

BakFlip G2 or Undercover Tonneau Cover?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #81
adrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: RLTW
Name: Dante
adrenaline66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat3011 View Post
So does the Bakflip work with the factory bedrail system?
Seacat,

Yes and no. The rails for the BakFlip mount to the side bed rails, making them unusable as it covers the whole rail. The front rail is accessible, but the normal tie-downs need to be in place before the cover is put on, otherwise it is hard to re-position them. BakFlip does have a ring kit that mounts with the system ($50.00 extra) that gives you 4 tie down points as an option.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #82
wanderlust is on a distinguished road
Name: Nathan
wanderlust's Tacoma Gallery
Rack

Adrenaline66 -

Thanks for the info, even those couple of pics that you posted already give me a good idea of what you've done. I really like the look of that system, but I don't really need the full height rack that comes with the CS. I wonder if it's possible for me to get the G2 plus a set of rails. I also wonder if Yakima or Thule has a set of feet that might slide into that rail system without additional drilling and tapping (thus allowing you to slide the bars as well).

Definitely would love to see a couple of close-up pics of how you mounted them to the rails so I can start thinking about how I might do it.

I think I'm fine with not being able to flip the cover open when I have the bars mounted on the rack, but I was thinking that it still might be able to open without too much issue with just the bolt-top loader brackets on it. They're pretty low-profile:
http://www.yakima.com/shop/rack-syst...olt-toploader/

Good point on the warranty, though....

Thanks again, and looking forward to some more pics.

-Nathan
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #83
Seacat3011 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
Seacat3011's Tacoma Gallery
Adrenaline66

Alright. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #84
kRiStOf is on a distinguished road

Army: Patriot System Repairer/Recruiter
kRiStOf's Tacoma Gallery
It takes me a long time to shop for something before I buy it. This thread was one of about a hundred I've read detailing all sort's of bed covers. The most intriguing part of it is seeing Morrie from Bak actually posting!!! Needless to say, I took his link over to the site to check them out for about the 20th time.

There is a interactive chat feature on his site, and I took advantage of it. I talked to a "Jordan" about the F1 and the Fibermax. Turns out the Bakflip F1 is exactly what I'm looking for, and he offered me a great deal on it! Originally it is priced at $929.88, but he said he could get it to me for $775 flat rate + free shipping!

So I had to ask about the tailgate locks of course, and he offered the manual Pop and Lock model for $50 flat and the automatic Dynolock model for $115 flat.

Such a good deal I had to try for one more. They have Weather Tech mats in their catalog too, and offered me the set of 4 for $155 when WT site has them for $169.

Needless to say, pending my clutch issue, I am about to get a bed cover, new lock, and floor mats :P

~k
Old 06-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #85
TacoScoob is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
TacoScoob's Tacoma Gallery
Searching for one myself. The new rollbak looks awesome. Locks. Waterproof. All aluminum so you can even stand on it. However it's pricey. Starting the change jar today.

http://www.truckchamp.com/products/T...um-R15406.html
Old 06-15-2014, 03:52 AM   #86
Mannyfizel01 is on a distinguished road
Name: Manuel
Mannyfizel01's Tacoma Gallery
Extang 56905 Solid Fold

Just in case anyone is wanting to save some cash I have a Extang Solid fold cover for sale. One year old and I will take 450 or best offer. You can look it up online as the 56905 model. Great condition. If interested Message me if you have questions or if you want to see pics.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:56 AM   #87
hygieneboy will become famous soon enough

Navy: Sub Pilot
hygieneboy's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered a BAK Roll X from Morrie yesterday. He got me the best price anywhere. Looking forward to installing and reviewing it.

Products Discussed in this Thread