Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

CNG Fuel System Installed [pics]

Old 04-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
LIVE TO FLY
Kdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
Kdawwwg's Tacoma Gallery
CNG Fuel System Installed,1 year 3 month update

My latest mod,CNG Fuel system,with gas going crazy i bite the bullet an had a CNG [compressed natural gas] system installed.
In utah cng is widely available,an at 1.04 a gallon locked in for the next 4 years, through Questar [our gas co.] i will save about $2500 year based on 15000 miles a year, at $3.50 a gallon.
every dollar over 3.50 is another $1000 a year saved
yes, it is very expensive to install ,about 2 years to recover cost at $3.50 a gallon,if it hits $5.00 [an it will]little over a year to recover cost.
as i only have 18000 miles on my truck, i see a huge saveing in the future
runs, great
i have a 11.4 gallon tank in back ,so depending on driving conditions i have around a 180 mile range on cng ,plus the regular tank [if i want to run it]
Attached Thumbnails
CNG Fuel System Installed [pics]-photo-0064.jpg   CNG Fuel System Installed [pics]-photo-0065.jpg   CNG Fuel System Installed [pics]-photo-0066.jpg   CNG Fuel System Installed [pics]-photo-0068.jpg   CNG Fuel System Installed [pics]-photo-0069.jpg  

Old 04-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
LIVE TO FLY
Kdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kdawwwg's Tacoma Gallery
cng, is 130 octane,so clean burn,15000mile oil changes,i can feel a slight decreace in horsepower,but as i can swith between cng,an regular gas ,with a push of a button,if i need more power ,its there
Old 04-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Any websites you can recommend for some reading on these conversions? Regular gas in California is up to 4.30 here and we have to do something about our 12MPG Econoline vans at work.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #6
LIVE TO FLY

Kdawwwg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Any websites you can recommend for some reading on these conversions? Regular gas in California is up to 4.30 here and we have to do something about our 12MPG Econoline vans at work.
cngsolutions.net is who installed mine,but in california,you will need a C A R B,AN A EPA CERTIFIED kit,not needed in utah,an those kits are very very pricy
just google cng california ,cng i calli is about 2.20 a gallon,read up, do the math,an see if it pays out in the long run,
p.s. you can go to cngprices.com to see if its available in your area
Old 04-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
how very interesting
Old 04-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
None near me or I would do it.....
Old 04-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
That is sick how much is a system like that run?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
fvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mike
fvtalon's Tacoma Gallery
I've thought about doing this on one of my turbo 4-banger cars for performance (high octane) and for hopefully good emissions at the smog test and just to try something different. One real nice benefit is the clean oil, a guy I know running an old Chevy 350 on propane says his oil is still clear and golden after thousands of miles.

I heard there's a company near me that makes small scale CNG compressors for say a small fleet to 'make' (compress) their own fuel from the regular low pressure natural gas building feed. It'd be sweet to set up something like that and be able to fuel up right at home.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #11
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
So around 15 MPG on CNG?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #12
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
That is real nice !! CNG is a great alternative, for the short term anyways until we have more options!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #14
Loiman20 is on a distinguished road
Loiman20's Tacoma Gallery
I live in utah also and was really wanting to do this. How much did it cost you with labor and all? Around 5k? Did they give you some kind of warranty?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #15
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Was just looking it up; great idea! If I had the cash to do it I would with a 70-75mi roundtrip work commute. I just can't put down 8-16k
Old 04-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #16
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Badass! going to look into this a little. I like the idea of it and the cheaper fuel
Old 05-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #17
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawwwg View Post
cngsolutions.net is who installed mine,but in california,you will need a C A R B,AN A EPA CERTIFIED kit,not needed in utah,an those kits are very very pricy
just google cng california ,cng i calli is about 2.20 a gallon,read up, do the math,an see if it pays out in the long run,
p.s. you can go to cngprices.com to see if its available in your area

Thanks
Old 05-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #18
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
op, did they tell you to run the car on regular gas a least 3 times a week?
Change spark plugs more often and keep your air filter clean.
Natural gas is very popular were I grew up, I had a couple of car on CNG, until I could afford a diesel and I can tell you that CNG dries everything in your manifold, o rings, houses, etc, that's why it's important to run it on regular gas to lubricate.
I don't think Toyota prepares the engines for CNG.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #19
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
Is this doable in canada???
Old 05-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #20
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
That is badass!