Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

weather tech liners -- grey or black?

Old 09-30-2008, 02:25 AM   #1
spark4 is on a distinguished road
spark4's Tacoma Gallery
weather tech liners -- grey or black?

Was about to pull the trigger on some weathertech liners for my Double cab. I have the grey interior. I'm pretty sure im going to get black one's but just wondering if anyone regretted getting black one's as opposed to grey
Old 09-30-2008, 06:12 AM   #2
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I have the weathertech floor mats and I went with a black set, I have grey interior aswell. I like the way the black offsets the grey interior.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:18 AM   #3
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
I have the weathertech floor mats and I went with a black set, I have grey interior aswell. I like the way the black offsets the grey interior.
I agree with ya, Homer. I have the taupe(sp) interior and went with black to match the dash. The contrast is great. I get lots of compliments on the looks and fit of the weathertechs. Dirt does show up fairly well on the black but it cleans easily also.
Go for it!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta be different - I have a gray interior and am going to get the gray liners as soon as I can afford them. I want them to blend in and not contrast with the interior.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:39 AM   #5
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I have the black Huskey Liners front and rear in my DC and really happy with them as well as the black color. I also have the black door sills around all 4 doors as I tend to hit them pretty often getting in and out all day. Good luck with your choice.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:12 AM   #6
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
I have the grey int. with the black husky liners. The weather techs look nice tho
Old 09-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #7
Samsonite...I was way off!
jmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud of

jmasterj's Tacoma Gallery
I have the black. I have seen the gray and they are a little bit of a different tint of gray and don't quite match the interior gray if that matters to you.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #8
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
id go grey... the black ones will look filthy all the time cause everything will show

im not going black liners again
Old 09-30-2008, 08:00 AM   #9
bounrith is on a distinguished road
bounrith's Tacoma Gallery
I just pull the trigger yesterday for the gray one. I think black is too strong against the whole interior, even though it is down there.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #10
spark4 is on a distinguished road
spark4's Tacoma Gallery
cool thanx for the input guys. I went went ahead and ordered the black one's for my 09
Old 09-30-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Black ftw... If it wasn't so much of a pita, I'd redo everything that's grey in my '08 to black. (miss my g35's black interior :sigh: )
Old 10-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #12
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from the Weather-Tech site however I have sense found that Weather-Tech makes them for Cabela's also. Go to there site and search floor mats. http://www.cabelas.com
Old 10-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #13
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious if anyone has had experience with both the weather tech and husky liners as I'm having a real tough time making up my mind.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:11 AM   #14
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
if I was choosing I would go with the weather techs, but the huskys are nice too, I have the weather techs and completly happy with them!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:05 AM   #15
ProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the rough
ProtoJ's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Manual Tranny

Is anyone using the weathertech liners with a manual transmission? The weathertech website has a big red note that states they are not compatable with the manual Tacoma.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:06 AM   #16
Samsonite...I was way off!
jmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud of

jmasterj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoJ View Post
Is anyone using the weathertech liners with a manual transmission? The weathertech website has a big red note that states they are not compatable with the manual Tacoma.
With the latest cut of the liners the clutch pedal has been getting caught on the liner when pressed.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #17
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I have had mine for over a year and I even have the stock floor mats in on top of the Weather_Tech's. I have never had a problem with the clutch pedal. As for "the latest cut" remark, I find it hard to believe that they have changed the cut. Most of the time they would wait for a new model. I would say that is merely a disclaimer type of thing in case someone wrecks and blames the floor mats. My .2
Old 10-02-2008, 08:18 AM   #18
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I have black in my tacoma. Had grey in my tundra. Both get dirty. I like the black ones better fwiw.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #19
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
I had the husky liners in my old truck, didn't really care for them that much. The hard plastic that they were made of was difficult to clean, actually deformed a bit on my cargo liner, and they would ice up in the winter when snow would melt off my boots and fill them up with water... I've got the Toyota all-weather mats now... for $68 they seem like a good deal. I like that they have the channels for water, although the way they were packaged was sort of chintz... They're all stuck together and you have to cut them with a utility knife, which didn't come out looking so good on the edges that I had to cut, but you don't really notice it when they're in the truck.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:49 AM   #20
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set of the Husky liners in my 99 Jeep Wrangler, they worked fine; however I prefer the weathertechs now in my Tacoma. The Husky liners have plasic spikes to grip the carpet, I found that over time, it prematurely wore out the carpet. As one poster already mentioned, the Husky liner is thinner. The Husky liner looks as if it covers more carpet area on the driver side than the weathertechs....

I have the black weathertechs in my truck, and the wifey has the grey ones in her Equinox. The black ones show dirt more easier, but believe it or not clean up easier than the grey ones. Her's still have dirt embedded in the grain of the material that doesn't come out so easily. My black ones, I just hit with a sponge with soapy water, rinse them and spray them off with windex and dry off with a cloth towel. My wifes we have used a scrub brush with Mr Clean and Simple green, but their is still a brown tinge in the grain of material.