LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weird Ticking noise when at low rpm

Old 05-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Weird Ticking noise when at low rpm

I have been having this problem the past couple of weeks and I can not figure out the problem.

When I am at a red light idling sometimes I can hear some ticking noise coming from the passenger side. the noise has started to piss me off lol.....but now I have discovered that if I turn my wheel anyway it will go way until I stop turning the wheel.

The noise comes and goes as it wishes it seems. Ever time I try to find out where it comes from it never starts making the noise. most of the time it starts when the truck is hot. Mostly when I drive home from school or the other day when I went to atlanta and stuck in traffic.

I need someone's help lol!! Thank You
Old 05-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
i had something similar to this in my 98 sierra when the alternator was about to go for a few days, but it was more of a buzz/whine sound than a tick