1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weird Ticking noise when at low rpm

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rhion82, May 1, 2011.

1. May 1, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    rhion82

rhion82 [OP] El Duderino

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitchell
    TN/GA
    Vehicle:
    16 Taco
    I have been having this problem the past couple of weeks and I can not figure out the problem.

When I am at a red light idling sometimes I can hear some ticking noise coming from the passenger side. the noise has started to piss me off lol.....but now I have discovered that if I turn my wheel anyway it will go way until I stop turning the wheel.

The noise comes and goes as it wishes it seems. Ever time I try to find out where it comes from it never starts making the noise. most of the time it starts when the truck is hot. Mostly when I drive home from school or the other day when I went to atlanta and stuck in traffic.

I need someone's help lol!! Thank You

2. May 1, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

hamNswiss on rye ¡Yo Quiero Taco World!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Scottsdale, AZ/Portland, ME
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    OME 885's and billies all around, allpro apex front bumper, Nfab tire carrier, black magic rallye 1000 driving lights, custom back to the future light rack, KC LED Daylighters, PIAA 510 fogs, bed lights, satoshi, 285/70/17 Duratracs
    i had something similar to this in my 98 sierra when the alternator was about to go for a few days, but it was more of a buzz/whine sound than a tick :notsure:

Products Discussed in

To Top