Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Bolt on Grille

Old 05-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
zomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the rough

zomg's Tacoma Gallery
New Bolt on Grille

I just got a new grille off ebay super cheap. I think it looks great, especially for the price: $85. I got it from ebay user manyfortune1688, & I have give the guy credit. For $85 I got all 4 pieces, & they are sturdy aluminum instead of plastic. Install took a whole 15 minutes max (+ some minor adjustments to the lower grille). Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

And pics:
New Bolt on Grille-fxcam_1304112741434.jpg

New Bolt on Grille-fxcam_1304272992544.jpg

New Bolt on Grille-fxcam_1304273004294.jpg
Old 05-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
it looks aite. personally i'd stay stock or go the satoshi route. but to each their own
Old 05-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
zomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the rough

zomg's Tacoma Gallery
If it was the '11 grille I would stay stock, but the 08 was tired. I am not that big a fan of the Satoshi, & $150+ for a Grillecraft center only seems like a rip off. I don't have the time or inclination to start cutting up my stock grille, either, so this bolt on is a win, for me at least.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I like it, aside from the gaping hole in the middle but otherwise I have always been a fan of billet grilles.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #5

zomg's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted to keep the emblem to break up the lines a little. The grilles that replace everything look a little empty to me. Like something is missing. Besides, the grille frames up the black ring that the Toyota emblem sits in almost perfectly. It looks a lot better live than in the pictures from my Droid X. Later on I may do a replacement grille & attach an old skool Toyota emblem to the center, but I have a long list of mods that I want to accomplish before I would even think about that.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.I have the same style on my truck. I got it for free so I can't complain. You can't beat it for that price.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #7

zomg's Tacoma Gallery
You can't beat free, but I can't complain about $85 either. Especially for something that adds no rwhp or off-road capability.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomg View Post
If it was the '11 grille I would stay stock, but the 08 was tired. I am not that big a fan of the Satoshi, & $150+ for a Grillecraft center only seems like a rip off. I don't have the time or inclination to start cutting up my stock grille, either, so this bolt on is a win, for me at least.
ya true, im too lazy myself to cut up stock grille. so i just stuck with mine and plasti dipped the front emblem just to make it look different
Old 05-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
SilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zack
SilverTacoZack's Tacoma Gallery
I had that exact grille on for about a month then got tired of chrome and took it off. What sucked was that it scratched my grill underneath some of the bars