Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

traction control

Old 09-30-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
uuc328 is on a distinguished road

uuc328's Tacoma Gallery
Question traction control

dealer told me that my truck has traction control but i didn't see it listed on the options sheet and i def could not find a button to disable it.

was he blowing smoke or do thise trucks have TC and if so can it be disabled?
Old 09-30-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
all the 2009 come with it. He could have been confused (or maybe just a car salesman)
Old 09-30-2008, 07:26 AM   #3
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
haha you cant seem to find anything in this truck of yours, do you have a picture of the inside of the dash and control panels?
Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
He has an 08, I think that if he had the traction control, he would be able to find it on the invoice.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
Nor*Cal

yeah im not sure with the 08 i dont think there was a switch in it for the sport 08 but its been so long since ive looked at one i can't remember
Old 09-30-2008, 07:32 AM   #6

uuc328's Tacoma Gallery
yes it's an 08.
off to take some pics...
Old 09-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Are you referring to the 2008 listed under your username?

Traction controls were an OPTION in 2005-2008. The controls for them would be to the left of the steering wheel. If you can't see any buttons with VSC on them...then you don't have it.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #8
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuc328 View Post
yes it's an 08.
off to take some pics...
I bet your salesman was confusing the real LSD that the TRD Sport has with the fake LSD that all 2009 Tacos come with.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
all the 2009 come with it. He could have been confused (or maybe just a car salesman)
I can believe that.....and probably the case here.

My gawd, I've gone into Jeep dealerships asking if they had any *YJ's* (A YJ is 90-95 Wranglers) and the guy didn't know WTF I was talking about.

I felt like saying... DUDE? How the hell can you sell cars you know nothing about?????????????????????????
Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 AM   #10
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I can believe that.....and probably the case here.

My gawd, I've gone into Jeep dealerships asking if they had any *YJ's* (A YJ is 90-95 Wranglers) and the guy didn't know WTF I was talking about.

I felt like saying... DUDE? How the hell can you sell cars you know nothing about?????????????????????????
the cars sell themselves.

That was the response I got when I asked a salesman that same question.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:54 AM   #11

uuc328's Tacoma Gallery
i guess this means no traction control, i need to double check the invoice

Old 09-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #12
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
it doesn't look like it.

I'd go raise hell at the dealership and maybe you can get a year's worth of maintenance for free.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:10 AM   #13
Nor*Cal

yeah for sure bro the traction control should be next to the RSCA
Old 09-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #14
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Salesman don't know shit, and I would never trust them. My salesman basically just said, "You know more about this truck than I do."
Old 09-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #15
Nor*Cal

yeah the same said that about me and i was like well of course i do im not going to buy a truck i know nothing about haha
Old 09-30-2008, 08:23 AM   #17
Nor*Cal

yeah i bet every one of us could sell these trucks better then those salesmen haha
Old 09-30-2008, 08:25 AM   #18
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Thats a damn shame I told the owner of the dealership I bought my truck at that he should hire some enthusiast to sell the trucks, because the sales men don't know shit, He asked me if I wanted a job. I told him yeah if he will match my salary. Guess I still have to work offshore.
You could work there on your off days. Don't most offshore people work 3 weeks on 3 weeks off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalbb11 View Post
yeah i bet every one of us could sell these trucks better then those salesmen haha
There is such a thing as too much info. I used to sell bicycles. I knew my stuff, but people did better with less info.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:26 AM   #19
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
You could work there on your off days. Don't most offshore people work 3 weeks on 3 weeks off.

I work 24 hr call. No set schedule.

There is such a thing as too much info. I used to sell bicycles. I knew my stuff, but people did better with less info.
Ain't that the truth. You would spend all day explaining shit and not selling anything.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #20
Nor*Cal

no all you have to do is look at them and say its a toyota what else is there to say haha