Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Smittybilt Accessories, are they junk?

Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
Smittybilt Accessories, are they junk?

I was shopping for a recovery strap and a couple of d-ring shackles. The smittybilt stuff is way cheaper than all the other brands. Are they junk or do they just not charge for the name (ARB)?
Old 05-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
Storm is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Storm's Tacoma Gallery
I have had some Smittybilt accessories before, quality was good. I had one brush guard that had the center bars a tiny bit too long, but the rest of it was good so I left it alone.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gainman's Tacoma Gallery
well I am just gonna order a new recovery strap and a couple D- shackles. Nothing major
Old 05-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
I have some of their d-shackles, good stuff for the price!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
u4icstargazer is on a distinguished road
Name: Charlie
u4icstargazer's Tacoma Gallery
I have their winch, haven't used it much
Seems to work just fine
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
Forewheel is on a distinguished road
Forewheel's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed their light bar and its rock f'ing solid.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #8

gainman's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys, i placed my order. free shipping from 4 wheel parts =)
Old 05-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
Mr SGA
MrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Layne
MrFastLayne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
I was shopping for a recovery strap and a couple of d-ring shackles. The smittybilt stuff is way cheaper than all the other brands. Are they junk or do they just not charge for the name (ARB)?
I have some of there stuff. & Nicely priced.