LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OEM style switch

Old 12-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #41
No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy
Teufel Hunden will become famous soon enoughTeufel Hunden will become famous soon enough

Marines: Sergeant, USMC, last unit: 3rd Batt./4th Mar., 7th Mar. Reg., 1st Mar. Div., Twentynine Palms, CA
Teufel Hunden's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Called my dealer about these switches im going to be installing bed lights and i read him the part number and he was like thats not a valid number i said for him to enter the P/N in the computer anyway and sure enough it pops out he was shock so im getting me a switch tomorrow for $18 and atleast i know it fits. p/n:00550-35976 Thanks to those who posted this part number
I know this is an old thread, but I just have one quick question: Does the fog light symbol on the switch next to the indicator light illuminate when the dash lights are on at night, with the headlights? Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #42
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are constantly on but yeah they illuminate same symbol as the fog light switch
Old 09-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #43
brandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brandon
brandob9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Mine are constantly on but yeah they illuminate same symbol as the fog light switch
Does the amber, circular, light only come on when the lights are on?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #44
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah for my switch its just constant i would have to double check again but im sure the light in the middle stays on
Old 09-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #46
Founder Socaltacomas.com

She is correct my buddy installed mine.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #47
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=501

Had those bookmarked for one day I felt like squirreling away some lights. The new ones look better (better colors).
Old 09-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #48
brandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
That would depend on how you have it (or fogs) wired......
Got one, and played around with the wiring. If I have the positive in the center stud, the light only comes on when the lights are on. If I have the drain in the center, the light is on constantly.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #50
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
Wish i had blanks to install this. I only have the one next to the A-TRAC and AUX but that is a smaller hole.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #51
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the way the switch should be wired.

Terminal #2 - to power (+)
Terminal #3 - to lights or relay (depending how your lights are wired up)
Terminal #4 - ground (-)

Wiring it up this way allows the indicator to light up only when the fogs are on.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #52
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
So glad I found this thread. Just ordered two switch for $12.35 each. Will be at the dealer tomorrow morning.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #53
DellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dell
DellGSG5's Tacoma Gallery
Your the man, Ive been looking for switch that fits into the stock slots. dealer charge way to much. Thank You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I found an OEM stlye switch that fits into the stock slots. WAY cheaper than any others I have found.

http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45
Old 09-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane Taco View Post

Terminal #4 - ground (-)

Wiring it up this way allows the indicator to light up only when the fogs are on.
For those with reading problems like mine, here's what he just said to do:

Old 09-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #55
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane Taco View Post

Terminal #4 - ground (-)

Ok I just wired up one of the switches according to this method^^ and my lights did not work. The light in the switch is on, but my lights up front did not come on. I have three wires.

Blue = Power
White = Relay/Lights
Green = Ground

Anyone have an idea as to what is going on?

UPDATE: Guess I had the wire colors wrong.

Blue = Ground
Green = Power
White = Relay/Lights

Oops!!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #56
BUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BUZZ5's Tacoma Gallery
I bought these.

and put them here.Still had to trim to get them to fit.Plan to move them up with the original fog switch & move the inverter switch down.They are costly,but I prefer to keep them all stock.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #57
Fish Head is on a distinguished road

Fish Head's Tacoma Gallery
You guys south of the 49th thank your lucky stars you live where you do.....your pricing on parts in general kicks our Canadian butts.
The illuminated switch up here....25 clams(plus taxes), not 7 ( and another 7 for shipping). The non illuminated one that Buzz5 posted.....those set me back almost 90 by the time I'm done with taxes.
I'm still shakin' my head.

Welcome to Canada.......................please bend over.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #58
larryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vet: C-17 Avionics Engineer; Electrical Research Engineer
Name: Larry
larryde09's Tacoma Gallery
This is great info! But, I had a hard time stomaching the $9.99 for the SPST and $12.99 SPDT from oznium and the dealer wanted $12.35. So, I decided to hunt down the actual manufacturer of these switches.

I went to Digikey and found numerous rocker switches from Tyco and Cherry that closely matches the dimension of the switch that oznium uses. The SPST and SPDT are ~$4.15 and ~$7 respectively (depending on what type/features you want). I ordered 1 SPST and 2 SPDT for ~$27 total after shipping & taxes...about 1/2 of what it would have cost me at oznium! I'll let you know how well they fit once they arrive.

Go to www.digikey.com and search for "rocker switch 36.6 21.2" then click "view page"
Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #59
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for sharing, Larry. let me know how they work out when you get them in and Ill update my first post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #60
larryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vet: C-17 Avionics Engineer; Electrical Research Engineer
Name: Larry
larryde09's Tacoma Gallery
Success! The switches from Digikey have arrived and they fit with the expected trimming of the mounting hole.

Here's the SPST and a SPDT switches.

Here's the SPST mounted. I have 3 switches and I plan to mount them in the 3 blanks in the top, this was just a test fit.

Here's what the SPDT looks like.

As I mentioned in my previous post (#58), there are numerous options including backlighting, indicator lights, flat black, or like the ones I bought. There are also many options for switch types (e.g. SPST, SPDT, etc). Also, most of them are rated at a 12 VDC ampacity, so you don't have to assume a switch will work for 12 VDC when it is rated for 120 VAC.