Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OEM style switch

Old 09-30-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
OEM style switch

I found an OEM stlye switch that fits into the stock slots. WAY cheaper than any others I have found.

The very popular OTRATTW switches here
http://www.otrattw.com/

More options here

non lighted
http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45

lighted switch
http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led
Old 09-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
great find man!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Did you read the reviews? There's a couple of people saying that it didn't fit in their 05+ Tacomas, but that is on the one with the LED light shown below..
Old 09-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #5
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
here is the quote
"2006 toy tacoma fit perfectly with a little shaving on one side of holes next to mirror switch "

dosent seem like a big deal to me...ill shave a little to save 40+ dollars
Old 09-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
great find man. if anyboyd gets these and puts them in post some pics
Old 09-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #7
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
Did you read the reviews? There's a couple of people saying that it didn't fit in their 05+ Tacomas, but that is on the one with the LED light shown below..
It wont with without dremel tooling the inside of the hole where the knock out originally was, the stock toyota switches p/n:00550-35976 I installed last night had the same problem. when you take out the knock outs you can see how the holes are notched to fit specific switched like traction control and locking diff.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:22 AM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
It wont with without dremel tooling the inside of the hole where the knock out originally was, the stock toyota switches p/n:00550-35976 I installed last night had the same problem. when you take out the knock outs you can see how the holes are notched to fit specific switched like traction control and locking diff.

yep.....i had to trim my 06 blank to fit that switch there when i installed my hella's and that switch. im pretty sure those switches are almost identical.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
mycoma is on a distinguished road
mycoma's Tacoma Gallery
So where can I get a few of those?????
Old 09-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #11
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Good find, I was lookin for something I didnt have to cut up the ones I have now
Old 09-30-2008, 12:54 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i bought one of those with the round light back 2 or 3 years ago on ebay for like 10 or 15 bucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-O...mZ130259049159

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...mZ180291683278

just search toyota fog light switch on ebay...
Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
How do you remove the blanks to install the new switches. I normally would go and look myself but it is dark here and there are too damn many mosquitos.
They just pop out after you get into the dash area to pop them out. On my truck, two of the lower 3 blanks had wiring hooked up to the back of the blanks.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:32 PM   #18
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
When you say get into the dash area do you mean reaching underneath and pushing? I assume the wiring harnesses are generic and all trucks are the same no matter the options, I assume you can just move the wires, or should I just select a different blank? I am bored tonight that is why I have so many questions and I will Hopefully be using this info tomorrow. Doing my homework.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:29 AM   #19
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
When you say get into the dash area do you mean reaching underneath and pushing? I assume the wiring harnesses are generic and all trucks are the same no matter the options, I assume you can just move the wires, or should I just select a different blank? I am bored tonight that is why I have so many questions and I will Hopefully be using this info tomorrow. Doing my homework.
I didn't wanna comment on how my husband and I did it....as it's probably not the best way and it didn't go as well was we would've expected it.

We removed the plastic at the bottom of the door (covers carpet edge). That pops off. The plastic piece on the left side of the truck wall pop out and remove a bolt that holds that in place. Once you pry that over a bit....you're able to pop the lower dash out a bit and the upper dash out a bit.

We had it open just enough to get our hands in there to pop the upper blank out. As for the wires, just unplug 'em and tywrap them to something. They're not doing anything anyway.

The worst part was - I had a hell of a time getting everything to pop back in place. I was sweating bullots. Ended up breaking one of the allignment tabs on the upper dash. Left it sit overnight and tackled it again in the morning and it suddenly came together (phew). Now...of all things... my lights aren't working now. I gotta take all that apart again so we can fix that damn connector where we hooked up the power. ARGH!!!