Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Questions

Old 05-02-2011, 05:35 AM   #1
El Cid is on a distinguished road
Army: Airborne
El Cid's Tacoma Gallery
Questions

2011 Access Cab Roof speakers. Are these visible? I can feel the vibrations coming from them through the headliner, but seems to me there is no "speaker cover" per se. Should there be or is it normal to play through the headliner?
Thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Not familiar with any speakers in the roof, but I don't have an 11. Are you sure it is just not the vibration rattling from the speakers down below. Taco's do have thin rooves with no sound dampeners.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:13 AM   #3
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
pics?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
El Cid's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, no pics

but Toyota Owners website responded that the speakers are covered by the headliner. The headliner is a solid piece, e.g. no holes for speakers, etc. Sounds weird to me. Guess they figured the sound would get through the headliner material.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
B R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of light
B R's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure what the question or problem is. If you want to hear the pathetic roof speakers, just turn the fader on the radio more to the rear, or if you want the best sound possible, fade to only front speakers.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
there are two small speakers (2.5") mounted on top of the headliner. I removed the headliner and disconnected both of them this way you can still push sound to your subwoofer. (If you use the fade control to go to the front only the subwoofer will not work) I dont know why on earth toyota put the speakers here and not on the rear doors. This is the worst setup.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:05 AM   #7
El Cid's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for input. Don't have a subwoofer so that is not an issue. Still experimenting to get best possible sound.
It is a dumb design though. Who ever heard of covering speakers with a piece of "cardboard?" Why not design the headliner with "grilles" where speakers are located? Hopefully this will be the only issue with the vehicle.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #8
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Yea... it is a pretty dumb setup, it would have been better if they didn't even bother with those headliner speakers. But I really wish they had put them in the rear doors like the older models.