Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Last minute check before pulling trigger

Old 05-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Kicking Ass Since 1981
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TOYOTA 09's Tacoma Gallery
Last minute check before pulling trigger

Going to throw down some money for new wheels and tires...headed to town fair tire now....just wanted to double check my research before leaving. This is what I plan on getting:

Pro comp 1069 wheels
17x9
4.75 bs
-6mm offset

BFG A/T 265/70/17
load range c

I just want to make sure I will be okay putting this on a stock Tacoma?

Also do they make a BFG AT 265/75/17? if so, will that tire fit?

Thanks for everyone's help! Pics to follow
Old 05-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
do you mean bfg?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #10
Kicking Ass Since 1981
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My contact at town fair tire said that the 265/70/17 BFG ATs. Would be okay because the section width is 10.5...can anyone confirm. Trying to figure out if I want to run the 16's pro comp 1069 (and have to grind the calipers).... Or go with the 17's and hope the 265 BFG's would look/ work ok (and have the benefit of having the 17's in case I wanna ever step up to 285's and a lift... Does anyone have any suggestions to point me in the right direction?
Old 05-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #16
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 09 View Post
so i just called pro comp and they say the 17x9 wont fit either...this whole thing is giving me a f'ing headache.
Are those the steel procomp? I was told the aluminums would fit. The problem isnt the diameter of the wheel, it is the part of the wheel where the lug nuts attach that causes the problem
Old 05-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #17
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
wrong bolt pattern?

Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Are those the steel procomp? I was told the aluminums would fit. The problem isnt the diameter of the wheel, it is the part of the wheel where the lug nuts attach that causes the problem
Old 05-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #18
Kicking Ass Since 1981

The pro comp phone support (Eric) said no 1069 wheel would fit a 09 Tacoma...said none of the pro comp round hole wheels would fit... They would hit the caliper... I know people are ruNning them...they just must be grinding their clippers down. Eric said that only a pro comp spoked wheel would fit...this does not seem right to me. The funny thing was I called earlier in the morning and another phone tech told me the 17x9 6 on 5.5 4.75 bs would fit!

Ahhhhhh

At this point I really don't want to give pro comp any of my business. Eric also said that polished AL would be harder to maintain than chrome. Said that they would stain very easy. Does anyone have a another wheel suggestion?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #19
NCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
NCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
my 05 has 17x9s with 265 70 17 nitto terras they rub . had to trim a lil bit to make them work. but i think they look fine
Old 05-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #20
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post

These pics above are 275/70/17 on 9" wheel

Search is ur friend my friend

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ide-wheel.html
these are not 275/70/17
they are 265/65/18 yes on a 9" wheel