Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Big O blows

Old 05-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #21
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largefarva View Post
I hate it when I can't get a liter a cola!
Dude, you rock.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #22
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
We have 65 trucks all over the state... my only rule for drivers regarding repairs while on tour: Trucks can not be taken to BigO. I have list of F-ups from them at work. The last time I was in there for a tire warranty on a work truck, I had to help a customer after 3 techs couldn't explain what TPMS were to him...

Anyway, before I get too worked up about how bad BigO is: I used 'Triple S' in Sparks after my UCA install, they were great and are familiar with lifted vehicles; although some folks have reported horror stories from there... My visit was perfect. And Folbeck should be good, they might cost a few bucks more, probably money well spent.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the Big-O by my house. I've been going to them for years. Each is independently owned and hires their own mechanics. It's the owner's attitude that makes the store and the lady the owns the one I go to is ridiculously honest and has great integrity. I even had a master brake cylinder put in that turned out not to be the problem. She ate the entire cost of the part and labor without me even having to say anything.

I've had nothing but lies from Les Swabbs. They don't sell "real" tires but will sure tell you they are. They told me they were Falken's but when I looked they are their own brand that they claim are "made" by Falken. Biggest POS tire I've ever had the opportunity burn up.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #24
wyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: BLM/FS
wyotaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Big O been always good 2 me so far....good luck...
Old 05-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #25
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyotaco06 View Post
Big O been always good 2 me so far....good luck...
From the feedback so far on this thread it seems that this is a case of "a few bad apples". I dont think big o as a company whole is that bad at all, but here in reno they have a reputation for being HORRIBLE. Hopefully this is an isolated thing and they can fix this issue in the future.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #26
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all, for the advice, tips, and letting me vent.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #28
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrahsky View Post
FALSE!!

I once saw maxamillion2345 assault a woman in the drive through at McDonald's because she said they did not have "A Liter of Cola" . Its true... This guy is like a caged animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largefarva View Post
I hate it when I can't get a liter a cola!
It's litre
Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #29
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
It's litre
It goes both ways actually... ha ha ha ha
Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #30
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
It goes both ways actually... ha ha ha ha
Lol
Old 05-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #31
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
It's litre
Not in America, where things are spelled correctly
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostingMS6 View Post
Not in America, where I can legally marry my cousin
I guess
Old 05-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #33
Rad Red Prerunner
eccracer104 has a spectacular aura abouteccracer104 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
eccracer104's Tacoma Gallery
I think there are a few well ran Big O stores out there. In susanville, CA my brother got a great deal on a set of 4 315/70/17 of there big o brand a/t's because the 10 y/o 37" bfg a/t's he had finally died (one tire went flat to the ground and it was just time to replace these tires). turns out his wheel had a crack in it. So instead of just saying "ha that sucks, not our problem" all the employees and the manager went on a search for a wheel that would fit and a old used tire to put on the wheel then the manager called a friend who could repair the cracked wheel really inexpensively, AND helped my brother with a few job opportunities that he knew of. It was absolutely incredible service.

-also they loaned us the wheel and tire for free while the wheel was being repaired, and they didn't take any cut or over charge to repair the wheel.

So if you're ever in susanville, ca the Big O tires there is safe to shop at!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #34
Tebow Apologist
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar experience at the Bozeman Big O. Steering wheel off after alignment, and it was adjusted to a tundra.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #35
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
What the heck is Big O?

Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #36

From talking to other people seems like it's really hit or miss. Glad there are stores out there that aren't complete shit, because I can tell you the Mae Anne store in NW Reno is.

Alignment tech was too high to tell the difference between a Tundra and a Tacoma?! Haha.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #37

Asked to talk to the tech before he started work on my truck today at Les Schwab. Guy was really cool and understood exactly what I wanted. He came and got me about 20 minutes later and brought me down to the rack. He had it maxed out at 2.8 caster 0 camber and 0 toe. We talked a bit about the LR UCAs and he said bring it back if I decided to change the position of the ball joints and they would do it free if it was within the 30 days.

Excellent experience and only cost 56$.

Also it turns out my numbers either changed in a 3 months or Big 0 sucked, my toe was like 2.8, Jeremy got it perfect though.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #38
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
I take my truck to mechanics who live, love and breathe trucks. That way it gets done right. The chain shops are often filled with guys who really don't even want to be there anyway.