Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Big O blows

Old 05-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Big O blows

I just wanted to make a post about my experiences with Big O recently.

This past January I took my Tacoma to Big 0 on Mae Anne in Reno to get a 2 wheel thrust alignment after installing Light Racing adjustable upper control arms. I set the ball joints and tightened them to spec myself but wasn't sure if they would be able to align it properly. After talking to the guys there and informing them of the UCAs and asking they set to my numbers, they assured me for an extra 20 they would be able to get it all set. This brought my total to 92.90 OTD. 89.99 for laborm 2.70 in "shop supplies", and .21 in tax.

I wait for a while, as normal, and when I get it back I find they haven't aligned it to what I requested and they assured me they could do. They just rushed through blowing off what I said to make a sale. Well I had to argue with the manager for a while after I was condescendingly and rudely told that he understood that the arms were adjustable on paper but in real life they were maxed out and that I didn't know what I was talking about. After a bit he agreed to take the truck back and try again and what do you know... they got it to my numbers.

They did all this WITHOUT touching the UCAs which I paid an extra 20$ for, or so I was told.

I got the truck back from Ken the tech, who rudely gruffed at me, and the steering wheel was off center. At this point I had been at Big O for the better part of 2 hours or so and just wanted leave, so it wasn't off enough to make it worth fighting them over.

Fast forward to today, May 2nd, I called Big 0 for another alignment and asked them about last time. I talked to Rick who wasn't sure why they charged me so much even after I informed him of my UCAs and how they hadn't been touched. He thought maybe they charged me for a four wheel alignment and said that it shouldn't have been that much, he told me to bring my paper work from January in and that we would figure it out.

I walked in and asked to talk to Rick. He took a look and we discussed my UCAs and why I need an alignment so soon, I informed him I had moved to 35s and needed the caster pushed out to move the wheel forward in my wheel well, although with these trucks 3 degrees of caster is about optimal for 35s so it would be beneficial either way.

He said he needed to ask someone else about it all and brought who seemed to be the manager into the fray. I told the same thing to the seemingly manager as I had told to Rick and the guy said oh yeah, speciality alignment, you must have a lift or UCAs or something. I said yeah, but like I already told him, they hadn't touched my UCAs. He then proceeded in a condescending tone that he wasn't going to re-align my truck every time I changed a tire size. I informed him I had planned to pay... and that I just didn't agree with the price nor understand why it was that they would charge me an extra fee to do something and then not do it. He patronizingly told me the 90$ was because my truck was lifted. He also told me that caster was the hardest thing to do and that they would see if they could get it, I told him they had done it before, they could go it again and basically what I got back was that I was stupid and had no idea what I was talking about.

The manager wandered off and Rick asked me if I wanted an alignment. I told him if it was going to be another 92.90 that no I did not, so I grabbed my papers and left the store.

So there you have it, rude, condescending, incompetent, and a rip off.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Shame on you Big O! I will never go to another Big O tire store in my life.

Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't quite sure where to put it.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they got it aligned good.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Looks like they got it aligned good.
Those are the numbers from last time?

and yes, they did it fine on the second try last time, but that was not my issue... my issue was that they were rude, incompetent overall, and that by my account they took advantage of me and ripped me off, and tried to do the same this time.

I've got an appt with Les Schwab tomorrow, I've had good luck with them in the past and they charge 56$. not 90.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Those are the numbers from last time?
Big O didnt align it?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Big O didnt align it?
I had them align it on January 6th of this year. Both sheets of numbers are from then, they took two tries to do it to the numbers I asked for and they told me they could do.

I didn't have them align it today.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #6

Quote:
I had them align it on January 6th of this year. Both sheets of numbers are from then, they took two tries to do it right.

I didn't have them align it today.

Ok...Well, the numbers look good.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Ok...Well, the numbers look good.
Yeah they were okay, but that wasn't my issue with them.

It was more that they were rude, condescending, and charged me extra for something they didn't do. Then tried to bullshit me today.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
Me thinks Chris is missing the point...
Old 05-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostingMS6 View Post
Me thinks Chris is missing the point...
I got the point.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #11

Quote:
I got the point.
I'm not one to usually bitch and pull shit like this Chris, but the attitude the manager took with me just pissed me off.

I'll post up tomorrows results with Les Schwab.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Quote:
I'm not one to usually bitch and pull shit like this Chris, but the attitude the manager took with me just pissed me off.

I'll post up tomorrows results with Les Schwab.
FALSE!!

I once saw maxamillion2345 assault a woman in the drive through at McDonald's because she said they did not have "A Liter of Cola" . Its true... This guy is like a caged animal.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #13
Largefarva is on a distinguished road
Navy: Nuke Electrician
Largefarva's Tacoma Gallery
I hate it when I can't get a liter a cola!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #14
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largefarva View Post
Made my day
Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #15
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largefarva View Post
Just because your name is large farva i started busting up laughing. Thanks dude I needed that today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Made my day
I agree.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #16
Largefarva is on a distinguished road
Navy: Nuke Electrician
Largefarva's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #17

Well that bettered my mood significantly.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #18
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
Max, have you ever tried Fulbeck 4WD ? I have had them do some work on my FJ and now on the Tacoma. For the last 2 1/2 years.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #19

Never heard of em. Might check em out for future stuff.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #20
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Never heard of em. Might check em out for future stuff.
Jim has had his shop since 1979 it's 395 and mill st. east near glendale. I trust them.