Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Prices on Factory Tailgate??

Old 05-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Prices on Factory Tailgate??

I dented my new 2010 black tail gate offroading a couple weeks back. Im trying to look for a new one and having a hard time. Went to a bunch of factory toyota parts websites and cant find nothing.What am i doing wrong. Checked ebay and nothing. I want factory not aftermarket. Even called dealer and they said 1,000$. Thats way to much for a tailgate.Any help please. Thanks. I was thinking maybe 500 lol
Old 05-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
My tailgate was damaged, way better to go to a good body shop you thrust and getting it repaired $$$

The cool thing is that you can take it off, leave it to them, and use your vehicle tailgate-less during the repair.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
That is true, never even thought about it lol. I dont really have big dents, its just small little ones where the tow strap broke on my friends jeep and hit my tail gate. Ill have to get prices. Thanks man
Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I am getting my tailgate replaced next monday, a local body shop quoted me $734, that is the tailgate, plastic guard on the top, paint and new badges. They are only reusing the lock and handle.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
wow thats alot just for a tailgate. I saw some aftermarket ones for 100 new. like certifit.com Seems kind of tempting lol and just have to pay for painting but idk if it will fit the same
Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

supralight's Tacoma Gallery
Yes that is normal but you have to try different body shops around you. Ome bodyshop quoted my damage to 650$. Got it repaired at another for 300$.

The big difference in both is that the small bodyshop re-used the same badges, just used some common sense taking them off and used a 3m adhesive designed for this application. A new toyota tailgate is very expensive and you still have to get it painted, same for a cheap one. But the cheap one will probably be of less quality if someone can confirm.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I'd get it repaired. There is no reason to use new badges unless the old ones were damaged.