Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB PROBLEM

Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
dlalien is on a distinguished road

Name: Jose
dlalien's Tacoma Gallery
TSB PROBLEM

hey I got the rear TSB done and yes I got the 4 leaf springs on each side and each side has diferent part numbers. Everything seams fine other then the driver side sits shorter then the passenger side. From the leveld floor to the bottom of the fender is 36"1/2 on the driver side and on the passenger side is at 37" 1/2. Its 1 inch diference. This can't be normal what can I do, has anyone had this before. I plan to call the dealer tommorow.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
They might have placed them on the wrong sides. I know when I did my own personal truck I double checked the part numbers. They are side specific, meaning one part number is for the drivers left side and the other for the pass right side.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
Tonka Tacoma will become famous soon enoughTonka Tacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Eric
Tonka Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I Thought all Stock 2nd Gen. Tacomas Sagged A Little On The Driver Side? I Have Heard It Called "The Taco Lean"? I Didn't Think It Was A Whole Inch Though.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
Range 44 has a spectacular aura aboutRange 44 has a spectacular aura about

Range 44's Tacoma Gallery
Full tank of gas?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Not sure if this will help you but I think the correct part numbers are:

8210-04570 PS, and 48220-04210 DS

Yes, with a full tank of gas there is a noticeable lean to the drivers side.. but for some reason this is fixed by adding a 10mm spacer to the front DS shock and not the rear, which has never made complete sense to me I must confess since the tank is in the rear.

But in any case if it did not lean previously it reasons that it should not lean now. It is possible to put the leafs on incorrectly, wrong side. That seems plausible to me.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #7

dlalien's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah right now I have a full tank of gas but I don't think that would matter the truck should be designed to carry a full tank. I will check the front and see if theirs a diff in the front. I didn't check if their was a difference before I got the TSB done.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
I almost have the same problem, but I have added the Toytec TSB AAL also. One side sits almost 1" higher in the rear. Not sure if it was like this pre-TSB AAL or not, as I did not measure.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If they swapped shocks, they may have mixed them up, as to what side they go on.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #10

dlalien's Tacoma Gallery
Well i checked the front and they are both even, I called the dealer and they said they have to get approval to look at my truck because i got the tsb done when i still had warrenty and now i dont. I tought you grt 1 year warrenty on every service parts you get at the dealer. I will fallow up tomorow and see what they say.