Notices

bilstein 5100's ordered

Old 05-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
colwell1 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Sgt - K9
colwell1's Tacoma Gallery
bilstein 5100's ordered

Hello everyone,

I just ordered the 5100's this weekend, couldn't get the eibach springs because toytec was on backorder. Will my ride suffer if the shocks are cranked up to 2.5 inches? What is your recommendations. I have searched through the forum for days, but so many different ideas out there. I want to go 2.5 inches lift because I drag the bottom at Padre Island. It is wearing off my paint on the undercarriage. Any suggestions? If 2.5 is tough rough, how high will the 1.75 get me after tires? Is there another place to get the springs or a different brand. According to some of the post, OME springs are designed for OME shocks and may not be a great choice. Please help, I have searched but really just got me more confussed.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
MenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud of

Name: Eric
MenaceAllen's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I want the same set up as you and I am ready to pull the trigger. Can you link me where you bought the front and rear 5100's?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
off road warehouse, just google it. I asked for a discount and they did $340. I think you can find them cheaper at downsouth motorsports. Might check with them also.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceAllen View Post
Nice! I want the same set up as you and I am ready to pull the trigger. Can you link me where you bought the front and rear 5100's?
check out downsouth motorsports. they had the best price when i ordered mine
Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
If I go 2.5, do I need the tranfercase drop and shims?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Smile

You do not usually need anything special to achieve a 2.5 lift that is composed partly by larger tires. No transfer case drop, no drivetrain drop, no new UCAs, etc. If you approach 3"+ then you definitely need to consider the above.

The 5100 is a great shock for the money. I am sure you will be satisfied. I can't speak to how high you can get with them (have never owned them personally), it should depend on your springs and spacers, etc.

As for OME (which I do have) I can say they rock! Also they will work with other brand components mix-n-match no problem, but I like their springs and the 3" lift. Some folks use the OME springs with 5100 shocks actually.

Anyway, your setup will be a great improvement from stock and probably solve you bottoming out issues.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
RECTIFIED
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Downsouth Motorsports! $282.99 Shipped! Hell Yea just got my 5100s ordered today too and I have the same question as the OP. Im prolly gunna get the OME 885s to go with the 5100s, I just hope it wont cause problems
Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
Mountainwolfpup, thanks for the info. I guess I will just run the bilsteins at 2.5 and put a 2 " aal in the rear. I've seen some posted with this setup running 285's. I think that is the route I want to go unless someone thinks it's a bad idea.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
also, How much is my power and fuel going to suffer with the 285's?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #10
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
OMEs are fine with the billies, as long as they are set to 0. im running billies at 1.75 now and planning on moving them to 0, getting 885s, AAL, and UCAs at the end of summer.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #11
I spoke to downsouth motorsports and toytec. They both recommended 1 1/2 add a leaf for a level truck and toytec also recommended the differential drop and carrier bearing drop. I purchased the items and they are on the way. Any other recommendations from you guys?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #12
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going down this path also, less the upgraded springs. 5100s at 2.5" and 2" Toytec AAL. The extra weight of my CBI bumpers will contribute a good amount of sag so I'm guessing a 2" lift when it's all said & done and should help prevent any alignment issues.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #13
dza1284 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
dza1284's Tacoma Gallery
I have billies set at 2.5" and 2" AAL, and that's it. I am happy. Got a nice lift for $350.