Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Trd wheel recall?

Old 05-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
anormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shedanormis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anormis's Tacoma Gallery
Trd wheel recall?

Just got a recall on my 2010 DC sport wheels. ill explains more tomorrow. just curious if this happened to any one else yet.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
Indian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ashil
Indian Shifter's Tacoma Gallery
Not on those wheels..they are for TRD accessory wheels
Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I got but I have aftermarket wheels and I don't have the LT tires.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
just got my notice yesterday, doesnt apply to me
Old 05-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
utahskierdave is on a distinguished road
utahskierdave's Tacoma Gallery
got one too. if you have stock wheels it doesn't apply.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
xxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to behold

xxaarraa's Tacoma Gallery
I got it too. I was thinking why they would waste time/effort/postage in sending to people who did not buy a TRD truck and are not eligible for recall.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
Read it.
It's not about the wheels, or the tires or if you have a TRD.. Anybody could have gotten TRD wheels installed at the dealer at the time of sale.

It's the paramaters for the low presure light were not correct. Takes 20 minutes to fix.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm sure all they are going to do is hit the reset.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
smuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud of
Name: CR
smuggiesrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good351 View Post
Read it.
It's not about the wheels, or the tires or if you have a TRD.. Anybody could have gotten TRD wheels installed at the dealer at the time of sale.

It's the paramaters for the low presure light were not correct. Takes 20 minutes to fix.

yes
Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
xxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to behold

xxaarraa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good351 View Post
Read it.

You should read it again. It is SPECIFICALLY for those that have one of those wheels or the LT tires that go with those wheels.

The dealership/Toyota should already know what wheels I had installed at the time of sale and filter me out. My point was that we live in an age of sophisticated customer data mining, it's not hard for Toyota to send this list to only those that it pertains to.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
opinions are like assholes; everyones got one.
TacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoSport's Tacoma Gallery
Damn! I was hoping for a free upgrade to TX wheels
Old 05-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
Señor Member
AC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AC13JohnG's Tacoma Gallery
I got one too, have no idea why.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #15
yotatoy is on a distinguished road
yotatoy's Tacoma Gallery
i went to the dealer because i have the beadlocker type with the bfg ko and they said bring it back in two days they had to order some software and a sticker. i'll update later what they did when i get the paper work
Old 05-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Updated door frame sticker with new tire inflation values I can understand. Why do they need to order software?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #17
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Why do they need to order software?
Maybe they forgot where the reset button was.