LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

NEED CV BOOT ADVICE!!!!!

Old 05-03-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
tictoc is on a distinguished road

tictoc's Tacoma Gallery
Talking NEED CV BOOT ADVICE!!!!!

i just noticed i tore my outter cv on the passenger side..so heres the deal is it easy enough for me to do myself?? and if i should change the inner as well while at it?? change all four?? ive read in here that u can buy the whole axle but being unemployed i need the cheapest way possible!! ur advice will b greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
You will need a new boot, some grease, two new clamps, and a clamp tool. Don't get a split boot, they suck.
Since you have the time... Thouroughly clean the joint and inspect for damage, then regrease, and reassemble. Just hope you have the tools
Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
You can get a complete axle with CVs for around $70 from RockAuto.com. It's easy, cheap, fast, and clean.

In terms of the installation, you'll need to pick up a 35mm socket to get the axle nut off, but other than that it's just basic tools.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
tictoc is on a distinguished road

tictoc's Tacoma Gallery
ya id buy a pair of axles man but im super low on cash plus i have the time n dont mind getting dirty at all. i have plenty of ol rags too. although i have sum things to ad because i purchased a kit from toyota they came with 4 pouches of grease 2 small n 2 bigger pouches.two are black and two are brownish color.. wut goes where????? do u mix them??