1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Satoshi Builders

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ratrod, May 3, 2011.

1. May 3, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    ratrod

ratrod [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab TRD SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s @ 1.75 with 1.5 AAL, Satoshi Grill Mod with 2 Hella 500s behind the grill, LED dome and map lights, custom made (by me) 10" subwoofer box behind the dbl cab seat, DVD/iPod/Bluetooth/GPS/TV/USB/Stereo, Yakima rack, Shell, tinted front windows to match the factory backs. Backup cam in the tailgate handle mod.
    Anybody making satoshis still? I know there were a couple members consistantly making and selling them but its dried up lately. I would make one of my own but I have no time anymore! Anyone making or got one for sale let me know. Im in socal and can pu.

2. May 3, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    TacoAlaMode

TacoAlaMode Mr. Midlife Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB MG 4X4 TRD Sport
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    I have 2 extra grills from partsgeek in the works right now. Center and triangles are cut, sanded. Need to fill and bondo the centers. Just got some Hexagon XXL in from Customcargrills.com for them also. If your interested, let me know.

3. May 3, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Ship it to me and I can do it for you if you want

4. May 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM
    ratrod

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100s @ 1.75 with 1.5 AAL, Satoshi Grill Mod with 2 Hella 500s behind the grill, LED dome and map lights, custom made (by me) 10" subwoofer box behind the dbl cab seat, DVD/iPod/Bluetooth/GPS/TV/USB/Stereo, Yakima rack, Shell, tinted front windows to match the factory backs. Backup cam in the tailgate handle mod.
    I would be interested. Send me some pics and pricing!

5. May 3, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    ratrod

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    That would be good too. I just need to find another grill because I want to keep my stock one also. I did see one on CL that I may pick up. Thanks.

6. May 3, 2011 at 3:47 PM
    TacoAlaMode

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    I'll post a pic of the raw half depth I'm meshing tonight and check on my pricing.

7. May 3, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    TacoAlaMode

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    Here are the photos I got tonight. I'm will be asking 190 for full or half depth not painted but with the mesh. Want something different let me know, price could change depending on request. I can get them professionally painted, but do not have a price at this time. I can also do the mesh for the Sport hood, price for that will come later.

This piece is still in work, but you can see the quality. The top piece is not tied to the bottom at this point, so the gap between them will not be there when they are bound together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All screws will have a modified washer attached as seen on the center piece. I know they make washers like these, but I don't know how they are called and couldn't find any around town. If anyone knows where or how to ask for these, let me know. I only have the one done currently, my dremel is recharging.

[​IMG]

This last picture, the grill is upside down, but it is easier to stand it up on the bench this way.

[​IMG]

8. May 3, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    ratrod

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Nice! Sent you a PM.

9. May 3, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    idk if Blackhawke88 still does them, but he's in SoCal too

10. May 4, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    TacoAlaMode

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    Answered my own question about the washer. It is called a key or tab washer. The place I remember seeing them was on the front wheel of a bicycle to keep the wheel on if the axle came loose.

11. May 5, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    TacoAlaMode

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    Spent all day getting paint quotes and finding shipping material. Finding a box to fit was fun.

Paint, standard 2 layer paint facia and inner, 125. This will be a sealer/primer, basecoat and clearcoat. Color matched facia and color matched or black inner.

Paint, Tri color paint, facia and inner 150. This will be a sealer/primer, basecoat, colorcoat and clearcoat. Color matched facia and color matched or black inner.

Ended up find a U-haul Sport Utility Box for $6 that should hold it. USPS calculator shows that it would cost 23 to ship to California. Still need to get some padding in the box, so figure about 35. Fedex and UPS were 64 and 71 respectively. Price changes due to location, but this is a good indicator. If anyone has better options for shipping, let me know.

12. Jul 5, 2011 at 11:45 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    I've seen people use what's called an acorn nut as well. Seems to work pretty well and fairly low profile.

Products Discussed in

To Top