Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Satoshi Builders

Old 05-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Satoshi Builders

Anybody making satoshis still? I know there were a couple members consistantly making and selling them but its dried up lately. I would make one of my own but I have no time anymore! Anyone making or got one for sale let me know. Im in socal and can pu.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2 extra grills from partsgeek in the works right now. Center and triangles are cut, sanded. Need to fill and bondo the centers. Just got some Hexagon XXL in from Customcargrills.com for them also. If your interested, let me know.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrod View Post
Anybody making satoshis still? I know there were a couple members consistantly making and selling them but its dried up lately. I would make one of my own but I have no time anymore! Anyone making or got one for sale let me know. Im in socal and can pu.
Ship it to me and I can do it for you if you want
Old 05-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAlaMode View Post
I have 2 extra grills from partsgeek in the works right now. Center and triangles are cut, sanded. Need to fill and bondo the centers. Just got some Hexagon XXL in from Customcargrills.com for them also. If your interested, let me know.
I would be interested. Send me some pics and pricing!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #5

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Ship it to me and I can do it for you if you want
That would be good too. I just need to find another grill because I want to keep my stock one also. I did see one on CL that I may pick up. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll post a pic of the raw half depth I'm meshing tonight and check on my pricing.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
Mr. Midlife Crisis

Here are the photos I got tonight. I'm will be asking 190 for full or half depth not painted but with the mesh. Want something different let me know, price could change depending on request. I can get them professionally painted, but do not have a price at this time. I can also do the mesh for the Sport hood, price for that will come later.

This piece is still in work, but you can see the quality. The top piece is not tied to the bottom at this point, so the gap between them will not be there when they are bound together.

All screws will have a modified washer attached as seen on the center piece. I know they make washers like these, but I don't know how they are called and couldn't find any around town. If anyone knows where or how to ask for these, let me know. I only have the one done currently, my dremel is recharging.

This last picture, the grill is upside down, but it is easier to stand it up on the bench this way.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #8

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here are the photos I got tonight. I'm will be asking 190 for full or half depth not painted but with the mesh. Want something different let me know, price could change depending on request. I can get them professionally painted, but do not have a price at this time. I can also do the mesh for the Sport hood, price for that will come later.

This piece is still in work, but you can see the quality. The top piece is not tied to the bottom at this point, so the gap between them will not be there when they are bound together.

All screws will have a modified washer attached as seen on the center piece. I know they make washers like these, but I don't know how they are called and couldn't find any around town. If anyone knows where or how to ask for these, let me know. I only have the one done currently, my dremel is recharging.

This last picture, the grill is upside down, but it is easier to stand it up on the bench this way.

Nice! Sent you a PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #9
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
idk if Blackhawke88 still does them, but he's in SoCal too
Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #10
Mr. Midlife Crisis

Answered my own question about the washer. It is called a key or tab washer. The place I remember seeing them was on the front wheel of a bicycle to keep the wheel on if the axle came loose.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #11
Mr. Midlife Crisis

Spent all day getting paint quotes and finding shipping material. Finding a box to fit was fun.

Paint, standard 2 layer paint facia and inner, 125. This will be a sealer/primer, basecoat and clearcoat. Color matched facia and color matched or black inner.

Paint, Tri color paint, facia and inner 150. This will be a sealer/primer, basecoat, colorcoat and clearcoat. Color matched facia and color matched or black inner.

Ended up find a U-haul Sport Utility Box for $6 that should hold it. USPS calculator shows that it would cost 23 to ship to California. Still need to get some padding in the box, so figure about 35. Fedex and UPS were 64 and 71 respectively. Price changes due to location, but this is a good indicator. If anyone has better options for shipping, let me know.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #12
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Answered my own question about the washer. It is called a key or tab washer. The place I remember seeing them was on the front wheel of a bicycle to keep the wheel on if the axle came loose.
I've seen people use what's called an acorn nut as well. Seems to work pretty well and fairly low profile.