Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need your Insight

Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Need your Insight

Ok, i just bought a set of 275/70/17... Getting ready to sale my factory rims for 300 and buy some aftermarket ones.. I also already have my billies sitting in the building and wanted to go with the .85 Eibach coils, AAL setting because i really love how the truck sits with that setup... Well my budget is getting really tight as of now because of my rims and tires i ordered and the cheapest i could find in my local shop for put on is $50 alignment, $60 dollars mounted/balanced, and $120 to put the shocks/coils on.. SOOO $230 for everything.

I then thought about just setting the billies at 1.75 and not AAL in the rear but it still is going to be the same price on the install to compress the coils etc...

With money tight after buying all of this idk if i can afford another $230 installation and $200 pop for the coils and AAL at the same time.. Should i hold out for a little longer and do the install myself, just put the billies to 1.75 and save for the install.. I don't want to change my mind after i get everything together and want the Eibachs and have to pay for the coils to be compressed again...

What is your opinions?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
You really just made New thread over a spelling error?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
A comfortable ride is for chumps
Athlaos is on a distinguished road

Name: Athlaos
Athlaos's Tacoma Gallery
I was at my dealership yesterday and they said 275s with the right rims will fit without a lift kit.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlaos View Post
I was at my dealership yesterday and they said 275s with the right rims will fit without a lift kit.
Hmm.. I have the lift and would like to get it installed but maybe should wait... Do you think i will need to get it re-balanced after lifting it or just aligned. This is my first lifted truck so just trying to make sure i do it right the first time and save what i can.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzdrag3 View Post
Hmm.. I have the lift and would like to get it installed but maybe should wait... Do you think i will need to get it re-balanced after lifting it or just aligned. This is my first lifted truck so just trying to make sure i do it right the first time and save what i can.
You won't need to rebalance the tires after a lift. You should redo the alignment though so you don't cause pre-mature wear on your new tires.

The install isn't terrible if you're mechanically inclined. Have a read through the DIY threads and see how you feel about the install and the required tools. You'll need some help, or at least it goes much smoother if you have help. The Eibach coils are great on the Tacoma but I hear people are having trouble finding them now so keep that in mind...