Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fog Lights! Stupid?

Old 05-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #21
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
HIDs ftw!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #22
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
SO you can spell that right, but you fuck up "color"?
Racism
Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #23
h2o's taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kurtis
h2o's taco's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is a california vehicle code that requires vehicles to be driven with headlights and fog lights for better visibility to on-coming traffic. I don't know about other states.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #24
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
Well, that depends on whose dictionary you use.
British = colour.
American = color.

Check the domain registration on this website, its USA... that means that the correct spelling is, in fact, "color".
How would you suggest I spell ' Fuck You " ?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #25
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Old 05-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #26
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
8000k HID Head lights and Fogs, they make the world of difference driving at night
Old 05-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #27
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You have it spelled correctly!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #28
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 05-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #29
ecupcar is on a distinguished road

ecupcar's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry, I got stuck on 808matts image in his signature and have not heard a word you guys said...

But they are for looks, not very functional
Old 05-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #31
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
8000k HID Head lights and Fogs, they make the world of difference driving at night
Meh. If you're doing HID's for function over form, 4300-5000. I'd never run 8000k. Too blue for me. The more blue the more fatiguing they are on your eyes at night.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #32
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Meh. If you're doing HID's for function over form, 4300-5000. I'd never run 8000k. Too blue for me. The more blue the more fatiguing they are on your eyes at night.
I'm running 6000k hids in my headlight, fog lights, and hella 700s behind my grill. Very white, but they are exactly what I want. I have thought about getting yellow laminex for the fogs, but I'll be getting a new bumper and won't be able to use the stock fogs anyway.

There are lots of things that people feel weren't engineered very well by Toyota. If the fact that the fogs can only be used with the headlights is the only thing you have found so far then you clearly haven't modded very much yet..
Old 05-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #33
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
2010 Tacoma

Aren't fog lights mounted low on a vehicle so it will cut the glare back to the driver in a fog or snow situation? If so, why do the fog lights only come on on my 2010 Tacoma when the higher mounted low beams are on? It's unsafe in the fog. This is just common sense. If they came on with only the amber marker lights, it would make more sense, cut the glare back at the driver, and add to the safety which is the idea of the fog lights in the first place......

Engineered right? I think not.
fog lights are always designed to be on when only the low beams are... .nothing new and it does make sense. why would you drive around with only the amber lights on? in our state, that's illegal... for starters.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #34
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Yes, that would be nice and if they were bright enough to drive with I'd join your side of the argument and say they should come on without the headlights.
absolutely not. if it's bad enough out that you need to use your fog lights, you should definitely have your headlights on as well.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #35
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
Modifications don't show you what parts were or were not engineered well. Modifications are NOT a design consideration. The components are intended to work together AS STOCK. A modification may put significantly greater stress on certain components than what would be on that component if the vehicle remained fully stock.
... So you've never done anything to your truck and then thought "why didn't it come from the factory like this?"
Especially with things that other Toyota vehicles have but not ours?

For example the fog light anytime mod, or the map lights on with dome light mod. Or heated mirrors for when there is ice or fog on them.. Something that is available on other Toyotas but not tacomas.

I understand what you are saying, but what I am saying is that there are ALOT of people that feel there are a lot of things Toyota could've done differently to engineer/design our trucks a little better. Obviously they can't think of everything, but there are somethings that should be universal, or atleast available in their entire vehicle line.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #36
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
absolutely not. if it's bad enough out that you need to use your fog lights, you should definitely have your headlights on as well.
My statement was more hypothetical... If they were designed to be used alone as fogs and were legally bright enough to drive with then you could use them. The way they're designed you can not drive with just the fog lights legally or safely.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #37

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
well atleast dhk was too busy with the other thread to continue his arguement on this thread too. what a dip shit.

incase anyone wants to see the 10 pages of him getting bashed.. here it is..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...g-vs-bolt.html
Old 05-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #38
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808matt View Post
before you blow a gasket here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...free-mods.html

post #9
As I started reading, I was thinking exactly that...well done!

Now I'm going back and watch your sig pic again for a while...gets me every time!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #39
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
fog lights are always designed to be on when only the low beams are... .nothing new and it does make sense. why would you drive around with only the amber lights on? in our state, that's illegal... for starters.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
My statement was more hypothetical... If they were designed to be used alone as fogs and were legally bright enough to drive with then you could use them. The way they're designed you can not drive with just the fog lights legally or safely.
Don't know about the legality of it in Alaska...might check into that, but probably not...

What I will say is I installed my fogs as a mod...so they come on independently...and in heavy dense fog, running the fog lights with headlights off gives much better depth of vision due to less light reflected back in your eyes from the high mounted headlights. I was surprised how big the difference was first time I tried it in heavy fog...but its my standard configuration now, when the fog gets heavy. FWIW...
Old 05-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #40
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
from what i can tell.... on the dads 2000 tundra that you can see wider and further. kinda like if you use you'r high beams. not in fog and snow of course! and i think they do help. but maybe because they are different or maybe just me.