1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dent in brand new body panel?? Anybody have this happen?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Thucker, May 5, 2011.

1. May 6, 2011 at 8:11 AM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    Yeah I have the same issue with the wife's RAV.......Hardly noticeable

[​IMG]

2. May 6, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    Thucker

Thucker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 Mag. Gray BC LB Sport 4x4
    Ouch!!! That really sucks.

They're suppose to try to fix it today and I'm supose to come take a look at it and pick it up today. We'll see if they got rid of the dent.

This truck is suppose to be my family vehicle, used to go camping, fishing and places where I need space to haul stuff and people. It gets babied and didn't have a single dent or scratch on it before. I have other vehicles that I use to play and don't care if they get scratched up or dented.

By profession, I always pay attention to details, and if I turn over a finished product that had a noticeable imperfection, I'd get my ass handed to me verbally and in writing. So we'll see what happens.

3. May 6, 2011 at 9:11 AM
    supralight

supralight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2013 4Runner limited
    Don't listen to the first posters that don't even see the ding. Body shops charges you or your insurrance such inflated prices that, at least, the job shall be 99.9% perfect. A dent caused by you or your usage will be easier to accept than a dent caused by someone else or that body shop not correctly inspecting their job.

4. May 6, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    cu52

cu52 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rocky Mountains - Denver
    Vehicle:
    2009 Crewmax Tundra Limited
    I did the same thing on the audi when I was rear ended. Made them redo the work and paint it again. Not my fault, not my cost. Finished product should come out better than that repaired esp, with new body panels. That is how they make extra money, cut corned hope no one notices.

What are the chances that is not genuine Toyota panel?

5. May 6, 2011 at 9:15 AM
    seksilumpia

seksilumpia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
    the first month i had my truck,someone from work dented my rear passenger cabin and then keyed the door...lots of jealous people out there

6. May 6, 2011 at 10:20 AM
    Thucker

Thucker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 Mag. Gray BC LB Sport 4x4
    It's a genuine Toyota panel. I saw all the boxes of parts before I dropped the truck off. Somebody probably did not inspect the panel before they put it on or painted it.

7. May 6, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    chatapuggy1

chatapuggy1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD Off-Road
    I baby my truck too, and while I do buy used, I notice everything on my truck. I know it aint a Mercedes, but shes my Mercedes. I love when body shops inflate prices, make out on you and then try to pass off s*&t like you are crazy. I dont know how much money anyone here makes, but a 30K truck, or 24K for me (used) is alot of money and I dont care how bad it is, I would bitch until they fixed it. Call your insurance company if they give you crap about it and make them give the shop crap about it. Take pictures before (if you have them) and after and send them to your insurance company and make them do the leg work on it.

I notice it right away in the second pic, and it looks bad, bad sheet metal my a#@! Lies.

8. May 6, 2011 at 9:26 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Probably shipping damage. Big panels like bed sides are pretty flimsy when not installed. Get it fixed or you'll notice it at every fill-up and go crazy. :devil:

Should be easy enough to fix.

Products Discussed in

To Top