Will URD MAF sensor calibrator Help?

Old 05-06-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
Geno96542 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Gene
Geno96542's Tacoma Gallery
Will URD MAF sensor calibrator Help?

Hello
Just a quick question. I have a 2010 tacoma crew cab 4x4 with K&N CAI and Borla exhaust. Just wanted to know if I should get a URD MAF sensor calibrator and how much it will cost to get it tuned or buy the tools to do it myself.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
ditch the K&N filter for an AFE pro dry S drop in filter. you are drawing in hot air from the engine with that K&N.

Call up URD and see if they can map the MAF CAL for the mods you have done for you before they send it out. otherwise it can be hard to find anyone that can tune them
Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
Geno96542 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Gene
Geno96542's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
eeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud of
eeberleeber's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a k&n intake and an lce header on my 2.7l, both added prior to the urd maf calibrator. The urd maf calibrator was the single most noticable difference in performance. (Of course it's tuned based on the k&n intake.) I installed it, took it out for a test spin, and was grinning ear to ear!

My point is: I would *highly* recommend coupling the maf calibrator with the k&n intake. My truck definitely has increased pick up through moderate rpms in 1st-4th gears with the urd.

My conclusion is that the stock ECU cannot tune itself to take full advantage of the performance intakes. I did notice modest performance gains with the k&n alone, but with the urd maf calibrator it's like night & day.

Install wasn't bad either. If you can solder a harness for an aftermarket stereo, you can definitely do the urd maf install.