Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

jus got my stealth DC tool box. perfect fit!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #21
haynstyle808 is on a distinguished road
haynstyle808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmotox7 View Post
Hey haynstyle808, any idea if this setup will fit on an access cab? I have been looking to get rid of my Weatherguard saddle box and switch to a setup like this so I can put my Truxedo back on.
yea it'll fit but you will have some dead space where the wheel wells of the truck bed and cab are. the reason it fits well in a double cab is because the wheel wells dont have a space between it and the cab
Old 12-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #22
We'll see said the zen master
foxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Fox
foxmotox7's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. After 7 months are you still happy with the box? It seems that UWS is a popular choice around here. I've always had Weatherguards but they are just too damn expensive. I'm gonna order the box from amazon tomorrow, I'll post up some pics when I get it mounted. Thanks again for the info and the idea.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #23
matts11 will become famous soon enoughmatts11 will become famous soon enough
matts11's Tacoma Gallery
How did you end up mounting it? I like this box as it seems as though my rockymount fork attachments that go on the rail would still be useable.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #24
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
When someone puts one in an access cab, I'd love to see some pics.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #25
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Id be interested in something like that for my access cab. I want something that sits lower than the rails like that.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #26
foxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the rough

I ordered mine from amazon, it should be here sometime next week. I'll post up some pics of what it looks like in the access cab.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #27
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by haynstyle808 View Post
yea it'll fit but you will have some dead space where the wheel wells of the truck bed and cab are. the reason it fits well in a double cab is because the wheel wells dont have a space between it and the cab
DC shortbox

When the lid is open , does it project wider than the cab ?

I'm trying to figure out if it would open with a cap on .
Old 12-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #28
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OZ, I thought I read a while ago that you were making a custom toolbox instead?

I suppose your not planning on doing that anymore? I think i may do this over the holidays because I'm having the hardest time finding something chest style but slim at the same time.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #29
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Hey OZ, I thought I read a while ago that you were making a custom toolbox instead?

I suppose your not planning on doing that anymore? I think i may do this over the holidays because I'm having the hardest time finding something chest style but slim at the same time.
I made a mock up out of plywood to get the sizes right , but the box was going to be pretty costly . I'm still going to have to do something soon though , right now I'm on one big job so my tools all just stay there , but pretty soon I will be a nomad again .

I was hoping an off the shelf box might work .
Old 12-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #30
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I made a mock up out of plywood to get the sizes right , but the box was going to be pretty costly . I'm still going to have to do something soon though , right now I'm on one big job so my tools all just stay there , but pretty soon I will be a nomad again .

I was hoping an off the shelf box might work .

I've been searching for an "off the shelf box" for awhile now without much luck. Guess trying to find a chest style box thats 16" high and a depth of 10"-12" is pretty much impossible. Hence why i may follow your route and build my own. How much did you figure it would cost? Now that winter is here i need a box to carry around all my winter gear and recovery stuff while leaving enough room in the box for my two dogs...
Old 12-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
I've been searching for an "off the shelf box" for awhile now without much luck. Guess trying to find a chest style box thats 16" high and a depth of 10"-12" is pretty much impossible. Hence why i may follow your route and build my own. How much did you figure it would cost? Now that winter is here i need a box to carry around all my winter gear and recovery stuff while leaving enough room in the box for my two dogs...
It was going to be around $800 to get one made locally .
Old 12-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDodger View Post
When someone puts one in an access cab, I'd love to see some pics.
Here are a few pics with the box in my '05 access cab. The fit and finish of the box are excellent. The only issue I ran into is I cannot open the lid with my tonneau cover on. The rails for the tonneau overlap the lid about 1 inch on each side. For that reason only I returned the box. If I didn't want to have both a toolbox and tonneau I would have definitely kept it. Very impressed with the UWS quality, while it's not as good as a weatherguard, nothing is. That being said I returned the box and ordered a UWS TBC42W from amazon for the same price. It's a wedge style box so I shouldn't have any issues with the tonneau. Long story short it's an excellent box which looks great in either an access or DC taco.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #33
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Here are a few pics with the box in my '05 access cab. The fit and finish of the box are excellent. The only issue I ran into is I cannot open the lid with my tonneau cover on. The rails for the tonneau overlap the lid about 1 inch on each side. For that reason only I returned the box. If I didn't want to have both a toolbox and tonneau I would have definitely kept it. Very impressed with the UWS quality, while it's not as good as a weatherguard, nothing is. That being said I returned the box and ordered a UWS TBC42W from amazon for the same price. It's a wedge style box so I shouldn't have any issues with the tonneau. Long story short it's an excellent box which looks great in either an access or DC taco.

Is this the same UWS TBS-54-SPLA that the OP used? I wish they had the black one on Amazon. I'd love one of these but want black, and I have $100 credit to use on Amazon from my Amazon credit card haha.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #34
FPS-a-holic
Fractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Fractured's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that looks really good. I have a UWS too.

How are you going to mount it? Mine was mounted with J-bolts under the rail. There were little slots that the J-bolts hooked into, so there was ZERO modification to the truck itself. I am very happy with UWS. The lid and rails are double sheet metal, so it is much more difficult to pry the lid open. Its got a solid powdercoating job as well.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Is this the same UWS TBS-54-SPLA that the OP used? I wish they had the black one on Amazon. I'd love one of these but want black, and I have $100 credit to use on Amazon from my Amazon credit card haha.
Yes this is the same model that the OP used. Like I said I ending up returning this box because I couldn't use my tonneau with it. I ended up buying this http://www.amazon.com/UWS-TBC42W-Wed...8107442&sr=8-1. UWS TBC42W. I actually like this box even more than the UWS TBS54SPLA. I'll post some pics of the new setup when I get a minute.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #36

As promised.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Here you go. No excuses now.
http://www.amazon.com/UWS-TBS-54-SPL...8138120&sr=8-1
Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #38
Kenny Fuckin Powers

lol thanks. May have to jump on that.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #39
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 11-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #40
venomous_x is on a distinguished road

venomous_x's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
As promised.

Has anyone with a DCSB tried to run this box? It appears from the pictures that it is sitting semi in front of the wheelwheels in this access cab making it not usable in a dc. I'm just weighing in options as I shop around. It appears that this member is inactive so I figured I'd dig it up in hopes of someone else following suit.

Products Discussed in this Thread