Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Coverking Ballistic Seat Covers

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
FARNORCAL is a jewel in the roughFARNORCAL is a jewel in the roughFARNORCAL is a jewel in the rough
Coast Guard: MK
Name: Ryan
FARNORCAL's Tacoma Gallery
Coverking Ballistic Seat Covers

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that i purchased a set of the Coverking Ballistic Seat Covers in gray for both my front and rear seats. I got them from Autoanything.com for $250 with free shipping. Ill let you guys know how they work out for me.

http://www.autoanything.com/seat-cov...A4643A0A0.aspx
Old 05-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations on the purchase. I would love to see some close up pics as you install them and once installed. I am looking at going with some type of seat cover once I save up some more money but havent made up my mind on which ones yet.

BTW........a write up on the install and finished product review would be helpful
Old 05-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Please post pictures when installed. The photos on the Autoanything aren't flattering (though the woman is cute). Because the ballistic fabric doesn't stretch like neoprene does, there looks to be a lot of wrinkles where the fabric has to wrap around a compound curve.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
FARNORCAL is a jewel in the roughFARNORCAL is a jewel in the roughFARNORCAL is a jewel in the rough
Coast Guard: MK
Name: Ryan
FARNORCAL's Tacoma Gallery
I read some reviews of past tacoma owners that seem to love them so i thought id bite the bullet and take a change. I've got a redheeler that loves the water and a newborn so i know the backseat is going to take a beating the next few years. The Cordura-Ballistic fabric is really tough stuff and easy to clean. I didnt wanna get the Wet Okoles just cause they're out of my price range since I'm a new Dad. I'll try and post some install pics. I'm not the greatest when it comes to adding pics I only know how to do the thumbnails. Can anyone help with that?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
bigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud of
bigbolas's Tacoma Gallery
Any luck with the pictures?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
espdtrd11
espdtrd08 has a spectacular aura aboutespdtrd08 has a spectacular aura about

espdtrd08's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd to see what they look like.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
Etced is on a distinguished road
Etced's Tacoma Gallery
They are on sale right now for $149.

Etced
Old 06-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #8
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #9
Look'n like a fool with your pants on the ground..
shane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Engineer, MSG (SMI, ROTC)
shane100700's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for pix!

edit: BTW- I can help with pix if you have them on your computer, although thumbnails work too!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #11
charles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud of

charles08tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for pics too
Old 09-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #12
WickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran of 1st Battalion 3rd Marines
Name: Aaron
WickedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered these a couple of weeks ago here are some pics of the soft inner material and the freshly installed product. I took these pics earlier today and been on the drivers seat for about 10 minutes since then and the wrinkles are coming out.

They were an easy install, look decent, and feel pretty tough. I'll upload more pics later on as they wear in. For the money,($150 shipped) I am very satisfied. These were a second choice to the wet okoles that were crazy expensive and I recommend these to those of you on a budget as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Coverking Ballistic Seat Covers-imageuploadedbytapatalk1314979849.826405.jpg   Coverking Ballistic Seat Covers-imageuploadedbytapatalk1314979872.711294.jpg   Coverking Ballistic Seat Covers-imageuploadedbytapatalk1314979892.346053.jpg   Coverking Ballistic Seat Covers-imageuploadedbytapatalk1314979911.745107.jpg  
Old 10-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #13
WickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran of 1st Battalion 3rd Marines
Name: Aaron
WickedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Two month update bump!

These are some tough seat covers. Not only does my coffee bead up on the seats so I can wipe them off, but they actually have kept my ass cool in this Florida heat. I've sat in them with screwdrivers in my back pocket and they come up unscathed. They've actually formed pretty well to the seats, as well. I'll probably upload some pics tomorrow to show you guys.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #14
Wicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud of

Wicked 2007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedTaco View Post
Two month update bump!

These are some tough seat covers. Not only does my coffee bead up on the seats so I can wipe them off, but they actually have kept my ass cool in this Florida heat. I've sat in them with screwdrivers in my back pocket and they come up unscathed. They've actually formed pretty well to the seats, as well. I'll probably upload some pics tomorrow to show you guys.
Update on pics and overall like or dislike of the material/fit/finish?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #15
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the CoverKing Neoprene seat covers for almost 2 years now and I love them! They are not the same fabric but the fit is is awesome. They have taken some abuse from many camping trips and dive trips. No wear yet.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #17
duetbreakout is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
duetbreakout's Tacoma Gallery
bump- id also like to see pictures of the covers " stretched out "
Old 03-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #18
azgunrunner will become famous soon enoughazgunrunner will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Former LEO
Name: George
azgunrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Save 10% off the total bill and get free shipping if you spent more than $150, use coupon code REFUND10. (works great if you're buying both front and rear covers).
Old 11-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #19
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else? Some pics? I really don't want to spend the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on the WetOkies

Products Discussed in this Thread