1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift and Tire Recommendations

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JBlood9, May 7, 2011.

1. May 7, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    JBlood9

JBlood9 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Baton Rouge
    Vehicle:
    Black 08 SR5 PreRunner
    Pesonal LSU plate. Flowmaster 40 Series BFG A/T KOs on TRD rims AFE Cold Air Intake (Pro Dry S) Weather Tech Digi Fits Sportsman Camo Shadowgrass custom seat covers. Custom Trailer Hitch receiver flag pole. Front and back matched tint. AVS rain guards. Pioneer CDE 123 head-unit. Derped Rims and Rear Bumper. Yellow Badges.
    I've been lurking around here for a couple weeks since I picked up my Tacoma, just haven't posted anything.

I want to pick her up, but don't have the $2k a suspension lift costs.
    Ya'll know way more about this than I do, thats why i'm turning it over.

As of now i'm thinking maybe a 2" leveling kit in the front (or 3" and 1" in the back if that would be worth it). I have 16" rims and am looking for 265, 275, or 31 size tires (leaning toward Dick Cepek Mud Country)
    I'm in college and don't have a ton of money to spend here as you can see, but every idea/recommendation is appreciated. Have at it guys.

2. May 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Bilstein 5100's front ($182), AAL rear ($50). Go with 265/75/16.

3. May 8, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    JBlood9

JBlood9 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Baton Rouge
    Vehicle:
    Black 08 SR5 PreRunner
    Pesonal LSU plate. Flowmaster 40 Series BFG A/T KOs on TRD rims AFE Cold Air Intake (Pro Dry S) Weather Tech Digi Fits Sportsman Camo Shadowgrass custom seat covers. Custom Trailer Hitch receiver flag pole. Front and back matched tint. AVS rain guards. Pioneer CDE 123 head-unit. Derped Rims and Rear Bumper. Yellow Badges.
    Thats along the lines i was thinking. Should do the job at a reasonable price. I will most likely keep the 16s so i dont have to buy 5 rims and can keep a stock rim in the spare.

Have you used these suspension before?

Products Discussed in

To Top