Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Backup Camera Install

Old 05-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
My Backup Camera Install

Heres my install that took me all of 10 mins to do, and then another 30 mins getting ready to smash my scanguage because it was a bag of hell trying to get it to adjust right. Heres some pics, and it was raining but I dialed her in anyways!
Got the camera and mirror from "rodrigogudino" and I will say its 100% mint condition and the guy is a pure champ to deal with. Thanks for the gear!
Truck was already wired for it so it was a joke, but heres it is:
PERFECT PACKAGING, KEPT IT MINT

THE BEAST ITSELF

TOP VIEW

CAMERA WITH PROTECTED LENS

BACK TAKEN OFF AND STOCK PLASTIC COVER

MORE MESSY RAIN

CAMERA INSTALLED AND WIRE PLUGGED IN

OLD MIRROR. YOU CAN SEE THE METAL CLIPS YOU NEED TO UNDO. A BIT HARD THE FIRST TIME BUT EASY ONCE YOU GET IT

PRE-WIRED CAMERA PLUG JUST PULLED DOWN AND PLUGGED IN

HAD TO TAKE THE PLASTIC COVER OFF TO FIT THE SCANGUAGE. NO BIGGIE THOUGH

FINISHED LOOK

READY TO ROCK
Old 05-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
utahskierdave is on a distinguished road
utahskierdave's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Wish my truck was wired for it...
Old 05-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up.

I never knew how great it was to have a back up camera untill i got this truck.

Now i dont think i could live without one!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skistoy View Post
Nice write up.

same. I wanted a TRD top of the line when I was looking, but I figured I could get the 2.7 access 5 speed for $8 000 - 10 000 cheaper then it. So I got it and am just doing the mods I wanted to it. Camera was #1 on the list.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered one of these, cant wait for it to arrive.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
Phones Ringin Dude
SplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to behold

Name: Haywood Jablowme
SplitDecision's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skistoy View Post
Nice write up.

Very helpful hitching up the trailer and when parallel parking I can stop before I hear the smashing sound .

Nice Jerb OP
Old 05-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad10tacoma View Post
I just ordered one of these, cant wait for it to arrive.
ya I was like a little waiting for mine lol. I avoided backing up as much as possible because I was pissed thinking about waiting too!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Nice writeup, props to you and I'm thinking of doing that mod myself!!
Old 05-16-2011, 04:24 AM   #10
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up Max!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:30 AM   #11
ohdrj1all will become famous soon enoughohdrj1all will become famous soon enough

ohdrj1all's Tacoma Gallery
Can I ask how much the camera kit cost?
Old 05-16-2011, 05:49 AM   #13
NEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to beholdNEMESISVETTE is a splendid one to behold

NEMESISVETTE's Tacoma Gallery
How would one know if there truck is prewired for this? I have a 07 4 door sport TRD SR5 with the tow package. I would love to have a back up camera.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:54 AM   #14

09+ are wired. Price is whatever you negotiate. Me myself paid his asking price because I usually do, and I just wanted it asap.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:56 AM   #15
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMESISVETTE View Post
How would one know if there truck is prewired for this? I have a 07 4 door sport TRD SR5 with the tow package. I would love to have a back up camera.
buy an indash stereo with a screen, and there's a camera on amazon for about $35. And to help with the installation, there's a good right-up on here too!