Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

clutch start cancel switch

Old 05-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
rancher 420 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
rancher 420's Tacoma Gallery
clutch start cancel switch

ok... what is the use of a clutch start cancel switch?
i have one in my truck, but dont know of a logical reason for it.

any ideas?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
In the manual!!!!... it states that the Clutch Start Cancel is to be used for when you're trying to start your vehicle while pointing uphill. If you're in gear, it allows you to bypass using the clutch when you start the engine. It WILL bunny hop you forward (since you're in gear), and you can feather the gas and brake pedals as neccesary to get going up the hill.

Many people use it to just start the truck without having to actually get inside and press down the clutch pedal. You just have to make sure that you're in neutral.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
In the manual!!!!... it states that the Clutch Start Cancel is to be used for when you're trying to start your vehicle while pointing uphill. If you're in gear, it allows you to bypass using the clutch when you start the engine. It WILL bunny hop you forward (since you're in gear), and you can feather the gas and brake pedals as neccesary to get going up the hill.

Many people use it to just start the truck without having to actually get inside and press down the clutch pedal. You just have to make sure that you're in neutral.

ding ding ding heres your answer.

and if your off road in a hairy situation you can put your truck in 1st and bump your self foward using the starter. if you do this alot your starter may go out though
Old 05-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
Also if your engine were to die in traffic, you could use the starter to get your truck out of the way.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
Mac5.56 is on a distinguished road
Mac5.56's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to revive what is probably an ancient thread, but can you also have this button activated while off roading and will it allow you to not have to depress the clutch in really slow crawls that would normally stall the truck?
Old 07-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
No, you would have to feather the clutch on that one. It would still bog down the engine, you would just have to give it some gas and feather the clutch.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post
Sorry to revive what is probably an ancient thread, but can you also have this button activated while off roading and will it allow you to not have to depress the clutch in really slow crawls that would normally stall the truck?
no

EDIT: ahh beaten to the punch!
Old 07-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
All the clutch start cancel switch does is allow the starter to be turned while the clutch is not depressed.

its not designed to even start the engine while in gear, its designed to get you up a hill by cranking the engine until you are to a point where you can start it normally.

Takes some practice to get those slow moving rolls. re-gearing helps.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #9
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
I used it once in my 92 to help a guy pull me out of a dry riverbed (truck would not start). same truck I used it another time to start it while I was working on it. didn't want to get in as I had my seats forward to put tools away. it crashed into my workbench before I could shut it off.

I have never used it in my 08 as apparently, im never really sure when a truck may or may not be in gear
Old 07-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #10
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
To be used in 4lo for offroad hill starts.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #11
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
...I have never used it in my 08 as apparently, im never really sure when a truck may or may not be in gear
...seriously? That's straight up derp right there...
Old 07-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #12
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
...seriously? That's straight up derp right there...
yes imagine a self-respecting guy, proud of the work he just finished, yanking the seat-back backwards, and climbing in for the clutch and or key as the truck inches moreso and moreso into my bench/ wall. it was in 2lo which was good and bad.

one of my derpest moments for sure. I've been pretty sure of my gear selection since then. but again, never 100%