Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where to get 6x9 speaker harness??

Old 05-10-2011, 05:16 AM   #1
cverneau is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
cverneau's Tacoma Gallery
Where to get 6x9 speaker harness??

I'm replacing the front lower 6x9 speakers in my 2011 AC.
I'm making my own adapters, so I'm not gointg through Mr. Marv or TacoTunes for anything. I don't want to cut speaker wires. I just want to get the speaker adapters that will plug into the existing harness.
TacoTunes has them for $15.
I also found these:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=265-769

Anyone know of anywhere else I could pick up a pair of harnesses for cheap??
Old 05-10-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
you can make a set with a couple quick clips and wire, they are very simple. Also your stock speakers are not 6x9, and if you making speaker adapter i would recommend you go with 6.5" instead. They are a much better speaker acoustically, and there is a lot more out there to choose from.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #3
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
IIWM I'd spend the $15 for a factory built harness. You are much less liklely to have any connection problems that way.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #4
cverneau is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
cverneau's Tacoma Gallery
Everything I've read on and checked says that my existing speakers are 6x9. I may make my own speaker adapters or I might try to remove the speaker from the existing adapter that it's attached to.
As for the harness, I really don't want to make my own.
I've currently found references for Scosche p/n SHTA02B and Metra p/n 72-8104 for the wiring harness. Will either of these work for the 2011?
Anyone have any other p/n's that I should look for??
Old 05-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
B R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of light
B R's Tacoma Gallery
I just cut apart my old speakers to act as both a mounting adapter & for the wiring too. I soldered the new speaker wires to the old terminals, so now it's almost like a factory setup, stock connector plugs into the same place as before, but with better sound .