Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sell me on a rear bumper!!!!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #41
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
I'll say Relentless Fab if you are on the west coast. CBI if you are somewhere in the middle. ATO if you are on the east coast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i can agree w/ this to a point, but no one lives in the middle

I'm 1665mi from the left and 1321mi from the right...how much more in the middle do I need to be?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I choose CBI. I liked how the license plate was part of the bumper unlike the ATO. The relentless looked great but was about $100 more.
The customer service at CBI has been awesome. Also the bumper price comes with the shackle mounts and receiver behind the license plate. 4 week build time is pretty bad ass.
I went with CBI. I got front and rear bumpers used locally so I got a hell of a deal, but I still would've gone with CBI either way. Installation of the rear is a breeze and solid as hell. I've got the spare swing arm too and it's beefy as hell.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #42
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This one was sold, but I am doing a run of rear bumpers and would let you both have them for the same price of 450.00 plus shipping. I changed up the corners a bit, Here are some pics of the new one. I would need to know asap so I could add them to cutting list for the laser shop.
Click for full-size image (1023 x 764)

WEBSITE COMING SOON !!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-bumper-2.html
bruteforcefab, click the link to check out some of his work. cant beat the price and seen this up close this thing is solid!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #43
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
I'm 1665mi from the left and 1321mi from the right...how much more in the middle do I need to be?!
<1493>

Old 05-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #44
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
<1493>

bastage...
Old 05-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #45
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery

75lbs, high clearance, done.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #46
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
[insert video from Eric with Relentless Fab pushing his rear wraparounds on his allpro into his bedside here]
They added more support for the sides. I can push with all my force and not budge it.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #47
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Sure there are better and sturdier, but also usually heavier and more expensive. Not everyone can afford the "best", or like the looks of what may be considered the "best". It's a matter of compromise between looks and function. Most anything else aftermarket is better than the 1/10000 of an inch thick stock bumper IMO
something i've never heard discussed... when you're rearended, you want the car to absorb the energy, not have it transmitted. there's a very good reason they call them crumple zone's... they are supposed to crumple. so there is a flipside to all of this... a bumper that could bend easier has an upside.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #48
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
something i've never heard discussed... when you're rearended, you want the car to absorb the energy, not have it transmitted. there's a very good reason they call them crumple zone's... they are supposed to crumple. so there is a flipside to all of this... a bumper that could bend easier has an upside.
Yea, I have yet to see the carnage of one of the 3/16 or 1/4 plate wrap around bumpers, after a 30MPH+ crash. I am sure the bumper looks decent...
Old 05-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #49
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
or when the bumper is built tough the crumple zone is the other car
Old 05-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
or when the bumper is built tough the crumple zone is the other car