Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sell me on a rear bumper!!!!

Old 05-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
85yote09taco has a spectacular aura about85yote09taco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Eric
85yote09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sell me on a rear bumper!!!!

Just recently I backed into my mother's camper and made a mess of my rear bumper. So I'm looking to upgrade as I need a new one anyhow. I do not want to put a stock one on as I've been wanting a rear offroad bumper anyhow. I've seen the pictures and read some other peoples comments on some vendors on this website. Interested in a high clearance.

I want to hear about installation/durability-quality/ and finally style. Pros and cons of specific styles would be nice. I do not think it is nessasary to bash other vendors products and dont really care for people who post such comments. But please feel free to express why the bumper you chose (or would choose) is most beneficial to you.

Oh and vendors please feel free post as I'm interested in you comments as well, thanks.

Pictures if you got em'
Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
heres my Allpro with side peices. A train could rear end this thing and not scratch it. I have the integrated hitch too so I have to remove the liscense plate to tow but have a much higher bed ground clearance. Plus it looks bad ass!
Attached Thumbnails
Sell me on a rear bumper!!!!-4.15.2011-011.jpg   Sell me on a rear bumper!!!!-4.15.2011-012.jpg  
Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the All-Pro rear bumper because I like the clearance and the option for the hitch. It mounts right to your hitch mounts so no need for mods to install. Just paint/powder coat and bolt it on. Shows bumper with optional side protection extensions:

Old 05-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
arkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant futurearkansasman5 has a brilliant future
Army: AH-64D Armament/Electrical/Avionics Systems Repairer
Name: James
arkansasman5's Tacoma Gallery
Dude...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...duct-line.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...er-review.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...-bumper-v.html
Old 05-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7XTaco View Post
pass that over here!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
heres my Allpro with side peices. A train could rear end this thing and not scratch it. I have the integrated hitch too so I have to remove the liscense plate to tow but have a much higher bed ground clearance. Plus it looks bad ass!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
I went with the All-Pro rear bumper because I like the clearance and the option for the hitch. It mounts right to your hitch mounts so no need for mods to install. Just paint/powder coat and bolt it on. Shows bumper with optional side protection extensions:

the OP said high clearance, which that is not. also have to laugh at the train rearending it comment. those bumpers buckled in the middle from jacking it up before they had to rethink their design and actually use some bracing back there.

"All-Pro Off Road's 2005+ Tacoma Steel Plate Rear Bumper is made out of 10 gauge cold-rolled steel plate for the outer structure, and has 3/8" thick steel plate mounting brackets with integrated shackle mounts plus a sturday 1/4" thick reinforcement backing plate"

10 gauge steel=weak. that's only 1/8". there are better and sturdier options out there.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #8
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
pass that over here!
dig in
Old 05-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #9
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A small train?
Old 05-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
A small train?
a plastic thomas the train figurine...
Old 05-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
a plastic thomas the train figurine...
I never specified what size
Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
ATO.

I did a shit ton of research before buying my armor. And there's a reason I wasn't willing to give my money to anyone else.

Some pics, if you're into that kind of thing:

Also, I have THOROUGHLY tested everything ATO-fabbed on this truck. I ran it's ass so hell-for-leather in Tennessee that the rear diff blew up. The armor laughed at everything.

And then of course there's this gem from Uwharrie last weekend:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...case-skid.html

If you buy an ATO product, you will have it for the life of the truck.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #13
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'll say Relentless Fab if you are on the west coast. CBI if you are somewhere in the middle. ATO if you are on the east coast.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
I'll say Relentless Fab if you are on the west coast. CBI if you are somewhere in the middle. ATO if you are on the east coast.
i can agree w/ this to a point, but no one lives in the middle

Old 05-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #15
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

x2. Those are definitely the top 3 fab shops in terms of quality.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #16
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hey!!!

Old 05-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #17
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Oh joy! I get to share my pride that I have in my armor again. I personally am super happy with my CBI bumpers.

They also make a high clearance one if that better fits your needs. You also can't go wrong with ATO and Relentless, both seem to make a solid product as well but I have no personal experience with those.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Oh joy! I get to share my pride that I have in my armor again. I personally am super happy with my CBI bumpers

They also make a high clearance one if that better fits your needs. You also can't go wrong with ATO and Relentless, both seem to make a solid product as well but I have no personal experience with those.

Ah, my favorite truck in FL...
Old 05-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #19
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I choose CBI. I liked how the license plate was part of the bumper unlike the ATO. The relentless looked great but was about $100 more.
The customer service at CBI has been awesome. Also the bumper price comes with the shackle mounts and receiver behind the license plate. 4 week build time is pretty bad ass.