Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Color Matched Grill Color off?

Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
SoxTacoma12 is on a distinguished road
SoxTacoma12's Tacoma Gallery
Color Matched Grill Color off?

I did a search on this and couldn't find anything...I noticed this a little when I first took delivery on the truck..now others have noticed it so it is not just me.
I have a Magnetic Grey TRD sport ...the color of the grill does not match the color of the rest of the truck...has anyone else noticed this on their grills? It actually looks more like the Pyrite Mica color. Just wondering if anyone elses grill color is slightly off to the color on the sheet metal and the other plastic body parts. Is this a known issue? I looked at some others on the lot recently and they seem to match up....I haven't brought it to the dealers attention yet b/c I was just going to live with it...but the more I think about it, its a $32,000 truck and if its a mistake I will try to get the grill swapped....
Old 05-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The inner grille colour is different than the body colour .
Old 05-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
ToyTaco4me has a brilliant futureToyTaco4me has a brilliant futureToyTaco4me has a brilliant futureToyTaco4me has a brilliant futureToyTaco4me has a brilliant futureToyTaco4me has a brilliant futureToyTaco4me has a brilliant futureToyTaco4me has a brilliant futureToyTaco4me has a brilliant futureToyTaco4me has a brilliant futureToyTaco4me has a brilliant future

Name: J-
ToyTaco4me's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is white and my grill is black (factory)
Old 05-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The inner grille is aranthicite or something along those lines , which looks just off of the Mag grey body colour .
Old 05-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
the boss man
trek is on a distinguished road
trek's Tacoma Gallery
thats odd mine is red and my grill is red and i have a sport i would complain to the dealer u payed for a color matched grill that came with your trd sport.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
thats odd mine is red and my grill is red and i have a sport i would complain to the dealer u payed for a color matched grill that came with your trd sport.
The entire grille or just the surround ?
Old 05-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
Nucks4TheCup is on a distinguished road
Nucks4TheCup's Tacoma Gallery
pictures?
Old 05-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The grill bars aren't supposed to match the truck's color.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #9
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The inner grille color is different than the body color .
^what this guy said
Old 05-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
^what this guy said
I see what you did there .
Old 05-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #12
SoxTacoma12 is on a distinguished road
SoxTacoma12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The grill bars aren't supposed to match the truck's color.
I am referring to the outer grill, not the grill bar in the middle...mine is def more off than the previous poster who posted a pic...I will post a pic of mine tomorrow...