LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Smittybilt Nerf Bars - Access Cab the same as Double Cab???

Old 05-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Smittybilt Nerf Bars - Access Cab the same as Double Cab???

Are the Smittybilt Nerf bars exactly the same for the access cab versus the double cab? I ordered a set from autoanything and I received a set that says it's for the double cab. When I check their website it has a slightly different part number for the access cab and the double cab and the double cab is $50 more. I paid the access cab price.

Anyone know?? I had to drive an hour to Houlton each way to pick them up. I hope they didn't screw up my order!!!

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
I think they are different,
call and verifiy!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Damn!!! I had them shipped to the US to save on shipping. Now I am going to have to make a second trip to Houlton.

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
FLJB will become famous soon enoughFLJB will become famous soon enough

Name: Juan
FLJB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
Are the Smittybilt Nerf bars exactly the same for the access cab versus the double cab? I ordered a set from autoanything and I received a set that says it's for the double cab. When I check their website it has a slightly different part number for the access cab and the double cab and the double cab is $50 more. I paid the access cab price.

Anyone know?? I had to drive an hour to Houlton each way to pick them up. I hope they didn't screw up my order!!!

Thanks.
Yes, they are the same. I ordered mine from AutoAnything as well and have the A/C and the box they came in said for double cab so i called and asked, they told me they are the same and they are on my truck now.

Take one outside and you will see the holes line up like they should.

Also, the directions on the sheet in the box are backwards the short end goes to the front.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome ... Thanks man ... I'm in the middle of moving to a new house but I will check the fit next week.

Cheers.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #6
GuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really nice
GuapOh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks.

SAME EXACT THING with me and AutoAnything. While 2 PN's exist, there is only 1 item. They are the same. You got the right one. I verified this on the phone with AutoAnything prior to acceptance from UPS. They are great and work perfect. See my sig. I received the bars in a box with the Double Cab sticker and PN but they very clearly are for my truck too.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:06 AM   #7
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapOh View Post
SAME EXACT THING with me and AutoAnything. While 2 PN's exist, there is only 1 item. They are the same. You got the right one. I verified this on the phone with AutoAnything prior to acceptance from UPS. They are great and work perfect. See my sig. I received the bars in a box with the Double Cab sticker and PN but they very clearly are for my truck too.
OK thanks man.

Hmmmmm ..... So double cab owners can save $50 by ordering for the Access cab??
Old 05-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Installed these this afternoon with my 11 year old son helping. Was a lot of fun and they look great and fit well. One screw hole at the front bracket doesn't line up. Still feels solid but I'll probably drill it and use a self tapping bolt. This makes it WAY easier to get my fat ass (6' 1") into the truck. I'll post pics tomorrow.

OH!!! They are regular N-Fab Nerf bars. Has the name on the steps!!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:20 AM   #9
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pics.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
FLJB will become famous soon enoughFLJB will become famous soon enough

Name: Juan
FLJB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Installed these this afternoon with my 11 year old son helping. Was a lot of fun and they look great and fit well. One screw hole at the front bracket doesn't line up. Still feels solid but I'll probably drill it and use a self tapping bolt. This makes it WAY easier to get my fat ass (6' 1") into the truck. I'll post pics tomorrow.

OH!!! They are regular N-Fab Nerf bars. Has the name on the steps!!
Was that the drivers-side front hole that did not line up?

Mine had that problem and it appeared to be that the tube was hitting the pinch weld. I forced it and got it in.

If it is the same one, that would mean that someone's manuf specs are off.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
The holes on the nerf bar brackets are the same distance apart on each of the three brackets. However, the holes on the truck for the front bracket are about 1.5 inches further apart than the other bracket holes.