Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ScanGuage II

Old 05-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
ScanGuage II

Was wondering if anyone with scanguage II experience can comment on the accuracy of the MPG function.
Thanks
Craig
Old 05-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Its right on the money if you dial in your speed and gallons input.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, it's pretty close if you follow their guidelines like always using the same pump to fill up and not topping off after the pump auto shut off. Mine gets off a little when I start using different pumps at the gas station.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
Servant of Ninkasi
Toby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toby's Tacoma Gallery
IME, it was more accurate before they started putting ethanol in the gas. Since the percentage fluctuates by station, it has been more variable since then. That being said, the variability isn't off enough to really matter to the big picture. I'm just a little OCD.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
just do the fill option. Fill your truck, tell the scanguage, then see how much it thinks you used next fill. Pretty easy and accurate
Old 05-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
I've never tested partial tank fill-ups as I just fill it up whenever I get low, but can attest if you adjust it correctly over the first 4-6 tanks and drive in a consistent manner, it's pretty darn accurate. Mine's never been off by more than .2 mpg from my manual calculations.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurpeeBlueMetallic View Post
I've never tested partial tank fill-ups as I just fill it up whenever I get low, but can attest if you adjust it correctly over the first 4-6 tanks and drive in a consistent manner, it's pretty darn accurate. Mine's never been off by more than .2 mpg from my manual calculations.
Ya mine is either dead on or .1 off
Old 05-14-2011, 03:40 AM   #9
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
I have had mine for three years now and it is amazingly accurate on the fill ups. Almost always within .1-.2 of a gallon when I fill back up. Did they evere figure out the codes for the oil temp or trans temp or pressure on either one of them?
Old 05-14-2011, 04:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
I have had mine for three years now and it is amazingly accurate on the fill ups. Almost always within .1-.2 of a gallon when I fill back up. Did they evere figure out the codes for the oil temp or trans temp or pressure on either one of them?
never heard of it. I just use it for the speed, RPM, mpg, and avg mpg. Might swap the speed out but I like seeing the display, make me remember my other baby the 08 civic si