1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Soon to be new tacoma owner (4x4 2.7L Access Cab)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by scottyknu, May 13, 2011.

1. May 13, 2011 at 12:23 AM
    scottyknu

scottyknu [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scot
    Glenwood Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    11' 4x4 SR5 V6 Access Cab
    (I put this in the new members forum, but this is most likely the more appropriate forum.)

Hey guys, I'm a soon to be Taco owner, and I just wanted to ask you veterans a few questions.

I live in south Texas right now, and drive a (crappy) 96' Ford Mustang. It was my college car, and I drove it because it was the available vehicle. I am graduating tomorrow with a civil engineering degree. I've been looking forward to getting a new vehicle upon graduation. I've come to love the toyota tacoma, and I just want to make sure I'm making the best decisions when it comes to my money post graduation.

I've accepted a job in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, where I hope to do a lot more outdoor sort of activities. I've absolutely enjoyed these past 3 summer internships up there.

This is the vehicle I've landed on.
    2011' 2.7L i4 4x4 Manual Transmission - Access Cab Toyota Tacoma.

I just need a little veteran reassurance that this is the ideal vehicle for a guy like me, living in an area like I will. In Texas 4x4 isn't much of an issue besides the occasional beach trip or muddy hunting trip. I'm expecting to need this a lot more in Colorado. From what I've read on the i4, it seems like a very capable engine, and the V6 seems to be only for the in need of excessive power or towing capabilities. Hope I'm not missing anything here..

Thanks a ton for your feedback! - Scot

2. May 13, 2011 at 5:59 AM
    BigRedToy

BigRedToy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab SR5 4x4
    That truck will be perfect for Colorado. Check out the South West section of the forums, thats where the Colorado people post.

Products Discussed in

To Top