Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Very Bumpy Ride

Old 05-21-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
cusas6 is on a distinguished road
cusas6's Tacoma Gallery
Very Bumpy Ride

I have a 4x2 Double Cab Prerunner with the Long Bed. when I'm cruisin around town the ride is alright. But when I get on the highway, unless the road is perfectly smooth, as in brand new pavement, my truck starts to really vibrate up and down. It gets so bad on some road it makes my girlfriend nauscous. I can't tell of the backend is jumping up and down or if it is in the front. Either way it is annoying. I thought maybe it was bacause theback end was too light, but I loaded all my tools in the back one day and hauled them over to where I was working and it didn't seem to make a huge difference.

Are there any adjustments I can make, do I need better shocks or something.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

-Scott
Old 05-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
first thing to do is to check the air in your tires. if its too high.....you'll definitely have a bumpy ride.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:26 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division
MarkC is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE (aerospace ground equipment) mechanic
Name: Mark
MarkC's Tacoma Gallery
what package do you have?, what year?, how many miles?, what kind of tires, air pressure and do they have flat spots in them?
Old 05-24-2007, 08:31 AM   #4
Dominant967 is on a distinguished road

Dominant967's Tacoma Gallery
put a load in the bed it will ride alot better...
Old 05-24-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same problem i will have to check the air in the tires then
Old 05-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #6
Spyder327 is on a distinguished road

Spyder327's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Spyder327
Checking the air in the tires should be the first thing to do.

If they are correct and you still have the problem, you should take it to the toyota dealer for a tire balance. If you just purchased the truck than the balance will be covered under warranty. When they balance the tires, they should also check what the road force variation is...

A lot of the time if brand new vehicles have this issue its due in part to high road force variation, if thats the case toyota should/will replace whichever ones have high road force.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #7
MTOYOTAOWNR is on a distinguished road
MTOYOTAOWNR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder327 View Post
Checking the air in the tires should be the first thing to do.

If they are correct and you still have the problem, you should take it to the toyota dealer for a tire balance. If you just purchased the truck than the balance will be covered under warranty. When they balance the tires, they should also check what the road force variation is...

A lot of the time if brand new vehicles have this issue its due in part to high road force variation, if thats the case toyota should/will replace whichever ones have high road force.

There is according to Identifix.com, a recall for improper mounting of tires.
Does everyone know about it??

New to the site, great job so far.

Marc