Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3 back seat option for 2011 Access Cab

Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
rockinthesix is on a distinguished road
Name: Chase
rockinthesix's Tacoma Gallery
3 back seat option for 2011 Access Cab

I did a search in the forums here and found this but unfortunately it isn't completely answering my question.

My 2011 Access cab has the two fold up seats in the back with a stupid console in the middle. I've got a big enough family that having a bench seat or some other 3 seat option would be far more beneficial over the current configuration.

Do any of you know if there is an aftermarket bench seat or an aftermarket console replacement seat for the Access Cab? Alternatively is there a way to fit a 1st gen bench in a 2nd gen AC?

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinthesix View Post
I did a search in the forums here and found this but unfortunately it isn't completely answering my question.

My 2011 Access cab has the two fold up seats in the back with a stupid console in the middle. I've got a big enough family that having a bench seat or some other 3 seat option would be far more beneficial over the current configuration.

Do any of you know if there is an aftermarket bench seat or an aftermarket console replacement seat for the Access Cab? Alternatively is there a way to fit a 1st gen bench in a 2nd gen AC?

Thanks!
Your better off just getting into a dbl cab. Even if you were to modify or retro fit a bench seat, with seat belt requirements, etc. it seems to be alot work and money for a very tight space. If you have two small kids, these seats will be fine until about the age of 10-12 or so. If you need seating for three, dbl cab is the way to go. I just removed the headrests on the rear seating, and its not hard to remove everything back there. I wanted the flat surface the 05-08 seating offered in the back when folded down, but I too have the center console and that big amp. I have found just using the seats folded down is almost the same as the older seats folded down, so I am just living with it for now.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
rockinthesix is on a distinguished road
Name: Chase
rockinthesix's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately dropping my 2 month old Taco for a new one is not really an option. I thought about getting the double cab, but the additional $6k wasn't worth it to me.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinthesix View Post
Unfortunately dropping my 2 month old Taco for a new one is not really an option. I thought about getting the double cab, but the additional $6k wasn't worth it to me.
I bet you're regretting not forking out that additional $6k now...eh?
Old 05-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Trade it on a used DC.