1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3 back seat option for 2011 Access Cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rockinthesix, May 14, 2011.

1. May 14, 2011 at 7:30 AM
    rockinthesix

rockinthesix [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4 Access Cab (4cyl)
    headlights
    I did a search in the forums here and found this but unfortunately it isn't completely answering my question.

My 2011 Access cab has the two fold up seats in the back with a stupid console in the middle. I've got a big enough family that having a bench seat or some other 3 seat option would be far more beneficial over the current configuration.

Do any of you know if there is an aftermarket bench seat or an aftermarket console replacement seat for the Access Cab? Alternatively is there a way to fit a 1st gen bench in a 2nd gen AC?

Thanks!

2. May 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Your better off just getting into a dbl cab. Even if you were to modify or retro fit a bench seat, with seat belt requirements, etc. it seems to be alot work and money for a very tight space. If you have two small kids, these seats will be fine until about the age of 10-12 or so. If you need seating for three, dbl cab is the way to go. I just removed the headrests on the rear seating, and its not hard to remove everything back there. I wanted the flat surface the 05-08 seating offered in the back when folded down, but I too have the center console and that big amp. I have found just using the seats folded down is almost the same as the older seats folded down, so I am just living with it for now.:cool:

3. May 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    rockinthesix

rockinthesix [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4 Access Cab (4cyl)
    headlights
    Unfortunately dropping my 2 month old Taco for a new one is not really an option. I thought about getting the double cab, but the additional $6k wasn't worth it to me.

4. May 16, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    I bet you're regretting not forking out that additional $6k now...eh?

5. May 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    Trade it on a used DC.

Products Discussed in

To Top