Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

C vs E rated BFG ATs

Old 05-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
Kicking Ass Since 1981
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TOYOTA 09's Tacoma Gallery
C vs E rated BFG ATs

BFG 265/75/16s only come in E rated... If I want C rated I have to go with 265/60/17s .... I'm running 16x8 wheels so I have to go with the E rated. My question is for all you guys running BFG AT tires ... What rating are you running and how is the ride? Will I be knocking my fillings out with the E rated? Will I be killing my MPGs and felling every bump in the road?...I don't understand BFGs logic behind not offering the 265/75/16 in a C?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
my opinion is that BFG AT's suck, ive never had good luck balancing them, and as soon sa you get ANY uneven wear FORGET trying to get them to ride even decent. E rated is way too much for a tacoma, I have D rated tires right now, and id even go with a C. toyo open countrys are where its at.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure they only come in E? That doesnt sound right...

EDIT: thats crazy that they dont, just looked at a few sites and nothing.

You are going to hate E's, they have such a stiff sidewall.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
They used to come in a C, you just have to find old stock. FJ's with the Trail package get that exact tire size and they are C rated.

E is fine although heavier due to the extra ply. I've had them on my truck for about a year and a half. I've been running a little higher then recommended psi (around 45) but have been getting really good mpg, for a truck anyways. The quality of my ride has not really changed and the truck actually feels better planted with the AT compared to the OEM RT. Any harshness in ride quality I automatically attribute to higher psi.

I almost bought the C rated version because they were 50.00 cheaper per tire than the E rated but I wanted blackwalls in and out. Discount Tire ended up matching the price and I had Toyota mount them. If I were to do it all over again, I would buy the same exact tire.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #5
delscorcho is on a distinguished road

delscorcho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
my opinion is that BFG AT's suck, ive never had good luck balancing them, and as soon sa you get ANY uneven wear FORGET trying to get them to ride even decent.
I had the same issue with keeping them in balance. Take it in every month to balance only to have it go out a few weeks later.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's weird because of all the wheels and tires I balance, BFG and Cooper have required the fewest weight.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
jeepmor is on a distinguished road
jeepmor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's weird because of all the wheels and tires I balance, BFG and Cooper have required the fewest weight.
I watched my Duratracs take some hefty weights today with that said.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
Kicking Ass Since 1981
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TOYOTA 09's Tacoma Gallery
Anymore feedback on this? Almost every post were someone asks "what AT tire should I get?" BFG AT get 50% if not more of the vote. So with that said It is safe to assume thatvlots of people are running this tire.... And it isu safe to assume that not ALL of these people are running the 265/70/17 C rated tire.....anyone else wanna chime in....the tires come in on Monday...
Old 05-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #9
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I am running Bfg At and love mine. If you keep them rotated and a good alignment they wont give you any trouble. My father has a pair on his Tahoe that have about 70,000 on them and they still look pretty good.

If I didnt want something more aggresive next go round I would be buying them again. As far as performance goes they have been a great tire. I have about 45,000 on mine and still have the nipples in the tread and everything.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 09 View Post
^thanks for the reply, you don't have to sell me on the BFG brand (already sold!) I'm interested in how the E rated At feel on our tacos ? Are your E or C ...and what size?
Im not positive on the rating, I can check if its listed on the side of tire.

The tire size is 32. I will go out before I hit the road and get all the info off the tire.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #12
08TacoTrD will become famous soon enough
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
I've got about 12,000 on my E-rated AT's and I like them. Got lucky on the balancing I guess and the ride is smooth.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #14
dtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dtacow's Tacoma Gallery
I've had D load range BFG T/A KOs on my truck for a few years. I haven't had an issue with them. Best thing about them is that they are tough tires. Size is 265/75/16